Smith And Wesson Forums banner

What tags did you draw?

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Nframe 
#1 ·
I put in for all the regular long shots.. bighorn sheep in the Steens Mountains, antelope, etc as well as a few of the supposedly easy to get tags such as a west-side elk hair tag, and a great west side deer hunt that I usually make from a cano....
The only tag I drew was the one that I am least excited about: Ochoco buck deer.
ABout a 4+ hour drive to a range I am not totally familiar with. I have a few ideas.. we'll see.
You?

Hey Pierce: what did you draw?

#2 ·
We are on the same wavelength Dan, I nearly asked this question yesterday but thought it might be too early. Great minds think alike!
I have my combo license, which comes with 1 deer tag in NH. Other in state tags are available after July 1. I was thinking of maybe doing something out of state this year, but I haven't had time to look in to it much. NY State for deer maybe, or possibly NJ?
The NH moose lottery drawing was held yesterday, as usual I know a few who won. One noteworthy winner is the top dog of field biology for the northern New England region of USFWS. He has been entering for years without success and is an avid bow hunter. Lots of women on the winners list this year too. They awarded 515 permits this year.

#6 ·
revorg said:
This year marks my 27th year in a row of not drawing a Maine moose permit. :cry:

I'm starting to take it personal. :|
Don't hate me fellers. I am subpermitee for a Maine moose hunt in zone 7...sunny Andover. This will mark the 4th time in the last seven years that I've been Maine moose hunting. I was picked in 2002 (shot a cow), Julie's bro in 2003 (shot a 55" spread big bull), Julie's Dad in 2006 (another 800# bull...smaller spread, bigger palms) and now Julie's brother just drew another tag.

Good times! ;)

I guess I need to start reloading for the Guide Gun now. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.