Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
How's the Cimarron for you? Quality? I'm not much on single actions but that might change. They sure make some good looking firearms.

Their 1873 short rifle has me drooling.
Timing, lockup, finish, all good stuff. Those Bad boys are a Frankenstein concoction. 1851 Navy octagonal barrel, 1860 Army grip frame, 1873 SAA cylinder frame. They blended them all together very nicely. I have both the 10mm and the 44.

I have mixed emotions on the Uberti revolvers. Cimarron branded Uberti manufactured seem to be of a higher standard than the run of the mill Uberti. The worst one I every had was a Taylor's branded Uberti, 1871 Navy. It was horrible. Required a ton of work to even make it usable. Have an 18" SAA Buntline the is Uberti branded. Had a big bur inside the cylinder sleeve that prevented me from removing the cylinder pin. Had to beat it out from the hole in the back of the frame, under the hammer and debur it. The 10" Cimarron Wyatt Earp buntline is the nicest one I have. Its flawless. I also have a Uberti Stallion Target that is pretty dang nice. I wasn't super keen on the matte brass grip frame so I sanded and polished it. The bluing on them is phenomenal. You can see your reflection in any one I own.

Here is a good picture of the bluing
Vertebrate Musical instrument Trigger Shotgun Wood

·
Registered
11,103 Posts
Just 3:
5 screw Pre 29- one of the first 250 produced.
Box was relined, but S/N matches. Card doesn't go with the gun.
Blue Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

4 screw 4" Pre 29. This one gets a lot of use.

and a 329. Part of the "Scandium Collection". I'm recoil insensitive so shooting this isn't a big deal. 'Bout the same as the 460V.
Top left

I'd LIKE one of these, but that'd be about the same as a late model used car...
Courtesy of SALOX
Revolver Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Bullet

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here are a couple of of mine, plus one I no longer own. The top two are ported, which helps the recoil a lot (the little one has dual ports). The extra mass of the non-fluted cylinders helps, too.

Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

I used to own this little Scandium one, but the recoil made it no fun to shoot, so I traded it for a guitar I would use a lot more. As you can see in the photo above, I kept the cocobolo grips when I traded it. ;)

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

21 - 26 of 26 Posts