Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,243 Posts
The S&W website don't list a frame size designation. It's as ugly as anything Taurus has done with the Judge.
At $679 it'll sell. I'm wondering about how much trouble they'll have with .45 ACP or Colts slamming into the forcing cone if the timing's off by just a hair.
I can understand why they're following the lead Taurus has. Market share is a huge reason to take the plunge & try something competitive.
If S&W builds a "Judge" knock-off, and makes it in the tradition of S&W quality it'll be a hit for sure. Imagine all the people that want the "Judge", but never bought one because the reputation Taurus has with lousy quality control, and the constant problems and complaints with defective firearms, and even worse customer service.
If S&W can build theirs without the QC/defective problems it'll be money in the bank.

No matter how many they make it's on my Never Buy list!
Even if it only lasts a year in production and ends up as rare as a K-32, I'm not buying one.

Anybody up for some Snipe hunting? I guess a Shotpistol in hand, is worth 2 snipes in the bag?

Regards,
gearchecker

·
Registered
296 Posts
"What size frame is the new Governor"

It's the H R B frame. :roll:

Hit Rock Bottom. S&W copies Taurus.

GGF

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Snake Gun-$679-

Shotshells-MUCH LESS

·
Registered
828 Posts
Seriously (if it's possible to be serious about such a silly revolver), it appears to be built on the X-Frame as in the .500 Magnum.

I can't imagine what anyone would use one of those things for. I've never shot a .410 revolver, but my experience with patterning shot out of 12" shotguns has not been good. Usually there's a hole in the middle of the pattern big enough to miss a Volkswagen.

David

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
If the frame and cylinder were a little shorter, and it had wood stocks, kick the shrouded rod, add some adjustable sights and a pin through the barrel, make it blue,....or maybe nickel,...it would be ok.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The x-frame .500 and .460 also have a k-frame round butt grip size. I never understood why Smith
didnt just use the n-frame grip size. But, back to the Governor, I've shot a buddys Taurus and
with .410 shotshells, its not a pleasant gun to shoot for any length of time. Reminds me of a .44
magnum. The patterns I got at fairly close range with the Judge, didnt impress me much. But, my
buddy thinks its the best thing since sliced bread! :D Go figure!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts