Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so today (range day) I walk in, and my guy's ammo counter is loaded with 38spl. and 9mm and .45LC, and so on...
All at very reasonable prices.
And I'd been waiting for 9mm from some police supply house, since June!
Apparently, the big 'shortage' (at least around here) is over.
hpzl;n;
Don

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Cabeloas up in Glendale is still limiting buyers to two boxes. Shelves are not full

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Went to the Wal-Mart at Alameda & Americas and their shelves, while not full, had more bulk-pac .22 ammo than I've seen since Onumbnuts got himself elected. Also, more 9mm 100 round bulk packed W-W white box than I could carry away. They only allowed six. There's always tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Around here I could buy all the ammo I wanted all summer long. My local Sports Authority has so much WWB ammo the shelves are sagging. The last time I was there they have 9MM, .380, .45, .38, .357, .22 and .40s. Their prices were only about 5 bucks more than Wally World.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Dom,

You could probably have made some money.... I know guys that were selling WWB 100-rnd packs of 9mm and .45 for $60 and .380 for $75.

:shock:

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Dom,

You could probably have made some money.... I know guys that were selling WWB 100-rnd packs of 9mm and .45 for $60 and .380 for $75.

:shock:
Holy cow Drew!! The 9mm is $24.99 for 100, I didn't get a price on the .45s. Wally World had the 9mm for $19.99 for 100. My local gun monger had .380s for $20.00 per 50. I guess the people around here don't shoot as much as you guys.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
I really can't say there was much of a shortage in ammo here. We had a quick spurt where .223 wasn't available, but then I was able to find it everywhere locally (I don't own one, but I heard it was hard to get in places). The problem in my area, everyone was looking at Walmart and Dick's but we had three or four gun shops around that no one seemed to go to. I was always able to get primers and powder with no problems at all.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys,
The 9 was $ 15 per 50-round box, and FMJ .38spl was $ 14.
At a retail range, I found that a fair price.
No limit.
Don
;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hunter said:
Around here I could buy all the ammo I wanted all summer long. My local Sports Authority has so much WWB ammo the shelves are sagging. The last time I was there they have 9MM, .380, .45, .38, .357, .22 and .40s. Their prices were only about 5 bucks more than Wally World.
Wow that's surprising, what part of NY are you in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts