Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My M&P 10 should be here tomorrow and i have not decided on an optic. what is everyone else using and what distances are you shooting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an old Lupold 3-9x40 mounted on a new Primaryarms AR Delux mount. Good height for the AR style cheek weld/eye relief.

Later I'd like to try out the current AR trending scope 1-4x24.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree all this post.Thanx for sharing such an informative post.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Not a S&W , but my DPMS LR-308 currently has a Burris Fullfield II 4-14x42.

Reactions: gearchecker

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am a semi auto rifle beginner. My son and I have put 54 rounds through it so far. I am using a Leupold delta point 7.5 triangle. 25 yards for (close) sighting in
and free hand out to 100 yds (-) at nothing in particular. Its my second time with a reflex sight and I really like it so far. My eyes are no good up close any more so I am hoping this sight will help me hit a deer at the shorter ranges we usually see them at. Roy.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
If you plan to shoot 100 yards or less iron sights are fine but if you prefer a scope red dots work fine. A scope w/ magnification is needed if you go much over 100 yards & I recommend a mil-dot type if you get into long range (300 yards or more). Buy the best scope you can afford, it always baffles me why folks buy expensive rifles then cripple them w/ cheap scopes. IMHO Nikon offers very good scopes for the price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought the S&W M&P 10 .308 CAMO, which I plan on using for deer hunting, and for fun of course. It took me awhile to choose the right scope, My budget was 300 to 800 bucks. I looked at a lot, Leupold/Nikon/Vortex/ect ect ect. I finally decided to go with this: M-308 4-16x42 BDC 800 from Nikon

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I have an elcan on my bushy .308 BAR (rock river made takes fal mags) It's fact, I can vary the magnification and it is set for 308 ballistics from short barrel. Not cheap but when you're playing to win.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts