Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Your next S&W will be?

• L Frame (it can stop a big bear)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • N Frame (heavy for carry, but I like 'em)

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • K- Frame (good carry, solid shooter)

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • J-rame or I -Frame. (best carry)

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I'm flexible (need a beauty with at a good price)

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering. Option #5 is usually my pick. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
I'm looking for a Model 35 22.32 Kit gun. I'll be willing to trade for it, or I'll need to sell a few guns to get it, but it's the last one I need for one of my collections.

Sometimes patience is difficult, sometimes not. If we want it bad enough, sooner or later they end up in our collections. Almost as if by magic. I know I'll get it, but the question is when!

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I currently am looking at a 6" 27 ( I have a 5"). All of my other N frames are 4 or 6 1/2, so that sounds like a good enough reason to me. Also somewhat on the lookout for a 6 1/2 model 25, but that is a little harder to "justify" since I have my 1917/55 Franken gun and a 5" 625.

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking for a Model 35 22.32 Kit gun.
Gregory,
I had to go to the book and look up a Model 35.

I forgot about the Kit Gun Target. I want one, too. :D

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
Currently now they're priced right around $1300. Add in the shipping and transfers and it'll set me back close to $1400. I guess a couple of my 1911's will need to be sold for me to get one. This is a very expensive collection I've been building. Once it's complete, I'll show it off here first.

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I currently am looking at a 6" 27 ( I have a 5"). All of my other N frames are 4 or 6 1/2, so that sounds like a good enough reason to me. Also somewhat on the lookout for a 6 1/2 model 25, but that is a little harder to "justify" since I have my 1917/55 Franken gun and a 5" 625.
Mac,
I am a big fan of the N-frame. I have several in 4" and 6" (and a 1950 Target in 6 1/2").

Yet, this N-frame 4-screw is a 8 3/8" br (it's good):

Go Dawgs.

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
Looking for:
  • A Schofield
  • A Triplelock
  • A Registered Magnum
  • A Model 1926
Will buy or trade for most anything. For example, there's what looks like a blue pre-Model 30 with box at my LGS with a $499 price tag on it. I would tell you more but I was afraid to fondle it because I'm sure if I did it would be here now. I done dropped too much on guns this month anyway...:-|

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is now 5 days past tence for me but I was looking for a Scandium N frame big bore short barrel. I was on GB for 2 weeks found a NIB 329 Nightguard. When I saw it was located just 5 miles from my home I was shocked. Went there last Saturday & they let me have it out the door for $900. Just fate I guess.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Looking for a decent triple lock and a 4" Wolf&Klar model, really just about any pre-war N frame that comes through at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Made the mistake of finding a 327 M&P R8. It's my first Performance Center gun. Oh wow. It won't be my last. I think either a PC 627 or PC 625 will be next.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I voted N frame, because that is what I would like to get. I am looking for, and being picky about, several guns right now. Here is the short list, M28-2, 6" or 8 3/8", M27-2, 5" nickel or 4" blued, M629 V-Comp, M13, nickel P&R, a K or N frame shipped in 1951, my birth year, M58, blued, M25-5 4" nickel, and the list goes on and on.

·
Super Moderator
31,844 Posts
N frame here:

Model 20-2 and Austin PD.
Model 28 factory nickel.
Model 28-1. Strangely, the model 28 was designed and built as a more affordable revolver than the model 27, but two of the scarcer revolvers put out by S&W are a nickel finish model 28 and I have yet to meet anybody who has seen a model 28-1. We even had a thread years ago about how nobody here has seen one of those or known anybody who has.
Registered magnum.
Model 58.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I'm open to anything at a good price. I guess my short list would be:
model 18
2" model 34
model 1896 32 long
38 DA top break, heck who am I kidding, ANY DA top break, but I can most likely afford a 32 or 38.
It fun finding them and fun buying them. I just hate it when I find them but can't buy them. My wallet has it limits. :(
John

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Hmm... none of the above... all too modern. Must be pre-1900 and .44 or .45, with a grip frame that my hand likes, so, bigger than our 3rd Model .44HE 4 incher. Careful what you wish for Guy and WT55, the more I shoot it, the less I like it... hate to see you get one and find out it isn't all that they are hyped up to be...

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
I have a 1917, a .44 HE 2nd and a .38/44 HD, Scruffy. Like them all. You'll be hard pressed to find a S&W with a frame bigger than the .44. Maybe a modern X frame?

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 1917, a .44 HE 2nd and a .38/44 HD, Scruffy. Like them all. You'll be hard pressed to find a S&W with a frame bigger than the .44. Maybe a modern X frame?
Guy, just saying, I vote no on a modern revolver (since you have some cool older ones).

JMHO. :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts