Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there,
I have a Smith & Wesson that I can not quite figure out. What I think it is is a M&P Hand Ejector, 2nd model, 1st change, Target Model. The serial number is 13030. The caliber is .32 Winchester. I am brand new to this site and I have no idea how to post photos. If someone would e-Mail me, I will send the photos of the revolver. If they would post them for me, I would not mind. I am trying to figure out which frame it is (J,K,?) and which grips would be proper for it (wood and which configuration or black rubber).

Is there anywhere that I can find photos to reference. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Pete

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
Pete,
Here are your pictures, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Oooo.... A 32-20 Target Model?

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's a .32-20 Hand Ejector, Model of 1902, 1st change. And rare in the target version. Worth a couple grand minimum. Nice find! Ed.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Hi and welcome, Pete.
Great job of finding a rare gun, too!
Hope you enjoy the forum.
Don
;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: What frame / grips?

Hello Ed,
Thanks for the good news. I appreciate your time spent.

So what I have is the .38 Hand Ejector M&P Model of 1902( or Second Model), 1st change, Target Version in .32-20. That is great. Now...

1. Is that a J frame or a K frame or what frame?
2. What grips do I need to get for it?
a) Wood?
1) What would they look like?
or
b) Black Rubber / Plastic?
3. Is there somewhere that I can find reference photos for the proper grips?

I am trying to find the correct pair of grips to finish up the S&W. It came with a one piece rubber Hogue or the like grips that I know are not correct. I have a set of square butt grips which fit but of course are not the right shape. I also have a set of period black rubber / plastic S&W grips that almost fit but are a little short, as in there is visible a space around the top of the S&W logo, and they really do not seem to fit flush with the grip. They are over the frame in the back but short of the frame in the front. My questions are...
1. What is the frame size J or K or other?
2. What can I expect to pay for the proper..
a) Wood grips? Very good?? Like new / mint ??
or
b) Black rubber / plastic grips Very good?? Like new / mint??

I would like to express my thanks in advance for any information that you can provide.

Thank you,
Pete

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Pete,
K-frame, black rubber grips.
Among the very early K's, and historically-significant as such.
Target models are rare in any of the M&P Targets, and your caliber is even more scarce.
Don
;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
WOW! Thanks for a great start to my day. I've heard of 'em,but that is the first one I've ever seen. I'm envious.
f.t.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts