Smith And Wesson Forums banner

best guns?

• K-22 or a Kit Gun (.22LR or .32)

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • the .38 Specials (they call 'em Special)

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • the .357 Model 19 and Model 27/28

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • The bigger bore Bear guns in .50 caliber

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It looks to me that the .357 Magnum is the best gun with currently 72% of the vote?

It's all for fun. It's just that some of us (the 72%) are good with the gun? :D

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
My late father's 44 Dirty Harry special with the modified hair trigger he willed to me before he passed. I didn't include it in my list of finest guns but I should have. Every time I get it out and clean it (I rarely shoot it), I think of him. It's a time capsule for me that takes me instantly back to my dad and all the good memories I have when he was alive...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
The K frame S&W is the best duty revolver hands down strictly because of the number made, the variety of calibers, and the different features available on the K frame. I have a preference for fixed sights with 3 and 4” barrels in 357 magnum.
Of course the one I carried for years was a J fame 36 2” simply because it was pocketable.
But for a belt revolver, hands down a Model 65 in 3”or 4” would be on my side.

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
...I have a preference for fixed sights with 3 and 4” barrels in 357 magnum....
You are saying the .357 is the best gun. I am with you. Here are two K-frame .357's:

I stripped down a Model 19-3 Texas Ranger in .357:

These are good. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think the answer is all of them. It's all personal preference. I know which are my favorites, but I sure couldn't tell you which is the best.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
The one in your hand when you need it. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bruce went to seminary

Bruce, read your post today, and when I saw you graduated from seminary, I had to reply. Not only am I shopping for a S&W Revolver (or another brand) for CCW now, I'm also a recently retired Air Force Chaplain who, waaay back in the day, attended seminary. My 60 y/o hands are much weaker now, and I'm a lefty. If I'm looking for a light weight CCW in a revolver, what do you recommend? Respectfully, Jim in Lawrenceville, GA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bruce, read your post today, and when I saw you graduated from seminary, I had to reply. Not only am I shopping for a S&W Revolver (or another brand) for CCW now, I'm also a recently retired Air Force Chaplain who, waaay back in the day, attended seminary. My 60 y/o hands are much weaker now, and I'm a lefty. If I'm looking for a light weight CCW in a revolver, what do you recommend? Respectfully, Jim in Lawrenceville, GA
Went to seminary myself several years back (I'm 58). but his is just a little off-topic for the thread, LOL.:D

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I have never found my best one yet, everything I have are the best at any given time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my fav.....belonged to my dad, now mine, purchased by my mom [a civilian working for the WV State Police] from her lieutenant boss.
has his unit number on it [255] and the WV STATE SEAL
I also have one of the S&W 4006 WV STATE POLICE 75th Anniversary 40 cal semi auto, also a found memory of my mothers time with the State Police as she had informed me of a raffle of these sidearms, so I gave her a check, and then found out I had received one, and she got mine from the academy armory while an officer was picking up his,[ never issued or fired] so far I have refrained from firing it, as I have many firearms, but many fond memories of shooting the 66-2, her boss would give her brown bags of ammo left over from his quals and a hunting buddy with a farm [ and a sweet Dan Wesson] and I would target shoot on weekends while camping/scouting for deer season.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 64 Posts