Smith And Wesson Forums banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

Registered
I know the comments were made two to three months ago, but for the benefit of enlightenment, one reason for 10-rd mags in standard 30-rd length is they fit available mag pouches without being hard/impossible to grasp.

And yes, they handle similar to standard 5.56/.223 mags for us "mall ninjas". Sometimes these mags are available and the 25s are not.

Registered

Registered
Friends,
I'm feeling a bit duped here. Bought what seems to be a 22LR nice rifle to get some affordable range time while we wait out the ammo shortages. BUT didn't know that S&W (or anyone aftermarket) stopped making magazensive but no so much as Amazon and ebay. Git them a try, but I would hurry, they are so rines for it.\
I know that the costs of the ammo metals are up and scarce. But, the M&P 15-22 magazines are very low-tech, super simple molded plastic. What is the hold up? I'm starting to wish I bought a Ruger or HK 22LR instead. Ruger 22LR mags are available everywhere.
Anyway, holding out a little longer before switching to another 22LR rifle with available magazines. Very disappointed in S&W. Please share any news about this if you have it.
Thanks & Safe Shooting. - T
I feel you. I have been searching for 6 months with no luck until today! I found them at ttps://www.bigcountrysportinggoods.co, they are bit expensive but not so much as Ebay and Amazon. But hurry, as rare as they a;)re I would not expect these to last long

Registered
I don鈥檛 know if they really have one in stock but there is a site that says it has 1 - 25 rd magazine. I鈥檓 in the communist state of NJ so I cant order even though I have 2 blocks for mags. Hopefully this will help others looking! Good luck - Welcome

Registered
Friends,
I'm feeling a bit duped here. Bought what seems to be a 22LR nice rifle to get some affordable range time while we wait out the ammo shortages. BUT didn't know that S&W (or anyone aftermarket) stopped making magazines for it.\
I know that the costs of the ammo metals are up and scarce. But, the M&P 15-22 magazines are very low-tech, super simple molded plastic. What is the hold up? I'm starting to wish I bought a Ruger or HK 22LR instead. Ruger 22LR mags are available everywhere.
Anyway, holding out a little longer before switching to another 22LR rifle with available magazines. Very disappointed in S&W. Please share any news about this if you have it.
Thanks & Safe Shooting. - T

I feel your pain. S&W seems to have forgotten that most .22 owners want inexpensive shooting. I notice that they now have increased production of this magazine, but it is still $24. You can get a good 5.56 mag to $14! I understand that Pro-Mag is going to come out with a much more price-competitive 15-22 mag as soon as the patent expires. All M&P 15-22 owners should remember being gouged for the SW magazines when this occurs.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.