Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,815 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! It appears to be a .32 Hand Ejector, Model 1903, 1st Change from 1904-06. Yes, it is smokeless. The grips are post WWII. It would originally have had black hard rubber grips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick answer. I was having no luck finding any information on this gun. Are parts available for these? I think the hand needs replacement. Lock up is fairly loose DA and in single action it is nonexistent.

·
Premium Member
19,815 Posts
Parts are problematic as the action on these guns went obsolete around 1905. You may have to find a gunsmith or machinist to fabricate parts. I have to say that the condition of that gun is poor and it would probably be worth more as a parts gun than to spend money on it to make it functional.

Reactions: mrerick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poor is a kind word. :). This gun is in terrible shape finish wise. The DA lockup isn't much worse than in my pre 1900 s&w's which I use to shoot the pocket pistol side matches in cowboy action. The gun was in a batch of guns I bought because I wanted a couple that were in the lot. If I could find a hand I would fit it myself. Its not worth it to me to put a lot of money into it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have another question. The S&W in the picture is one that I use in the side matches. I assumed that it was pre 1900 but I really don't know. The markings on the top of the barrel state Smith & Wesson Springfield Mass U.S. Pat and a bunch of patent dates including "reissue July 25 71 May 11 80 Jan 3 82

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Need a serial to guess a date. ;)

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
1883-1909 (you're in the middle so probably more toward 1890's, but they didn't ship in S/N order)

·
Super Moderator
34,231 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts