Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is fair market value

On a 686 no dash wearing a 4" barrel. About a 98% or better revolver.
Thanks
Jim

·
Super Moderator
19,374 Posts
I just sold a 686 with a 4" for $600 + FFL & Shipping (Pacific Northwest)
Mine was in 98%+ also I figured since it had only 18 rounds ever fired thru it.
Had the box & all the original papers, but nothing else.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I recently bought a 686 no dash - very clean- with a few hundred rounds through it - about 92-95% for $460. I've since ruined the value by sending around 300 more rounds down range through it. It's a great shooter. My 686 4" is almost exactly what I've always wanted. Exactly would be a 6"...someday!
RR

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
RR, If shooting your Smith ruins the value.....I'm still gonna shoot them! Isn't that what you buy them for? For example......you buy a nice Shelby Mustang at the Barret Auctions.....do you drive it, or not??? First of all, you shouldn't buy it....if you can't afford to. Second, would you drive a new Caddy STS or the Shelby Mustang? (Remember ....you got the bucks! $$$$$$ ;) )

Smith revolvers are not that expensive, when compared to a car, or your house. Even though my M-66-1 Smith is in very nice shape, I do shoot it, and don't worry about the value. It's a revolver , not an investment to me. Besides, I don't intend to sell it while I'm still alive, so who cares about the value????? ;) :lol: Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts