Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking at 9mm Luger ammo, I came across this description without a clue as to what it means.

Just ammo with blems, but perfectly good to shoot or ...?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
If the retailer doesn't explain what it means, it tells me it's junk they want to get rid of, that nobody would buy unless "1st quality" ammo wasn't available. Buyer beware, I wouldn't touch it.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Is this ammo factory or reloads??
I have a reload supplier that gave me a break on ammo, because the cases were not perfectly clean.
Shoots fine and saved a bunch...

Reactions: NWDave

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
I have purchased "blem" bullets from RMR- can't tell the difference to my naked eye; could be something like that.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought 'blems' too, turns out every 200th primer may not go boom...pass.

Calling it '2nd quality' is misleading imo...

·
Premium Member
10,432 Posts
It's ammo that didn't pass inspection specifications for any number of reasons. Easier to sell as "seconds" than to take apart and try and load again, or just throw out.

Expect bullets with weight that vary from specification, powder loads above or under specification, blemishes on the visible parts of cases and bullets, and possible errors in the depth of primers.

For example. 115gn bullets that actually weigh 113gn or 117 gn...

Marc

Reactions: Wiregrassguy

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
It's ammo that didn't pass inspection specifications for any number of reasons. Easier to sell as "seconds" than to take apart and try and load again, or just throw out.

Expect bullets with weight that vary from specification, powder loads above or under specification, blemishes on the visible parts of cases and bullets, and possible errors in the depth of primers.

For example. 115gn bullets that actually weigh 113gn or 117 gn...

Marc
But for practice, who cares if it is cheap enough?

·
Premium Member
10,432 Posts
Well, necessarily cheap, but in today's world - available...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts