Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I look at revolver Ebay gun parts. Many parts of different models. I'll use S&W as an example. All those parts for sale and yet, no frames. So someone breaks down a revolver and what happens to it, the frame. Where are those bodies buried?
Education please.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Many times the frames are destroyed..like after gun "buy back" programs, or guns used in a crime etc. I've bought a few that have been cut, just to get the leftover parts.

It does break my heart to see such destruction of a perfectly good harmless gun.

Here a stainless K frame lost it's life...and the useable parts shall carry on..

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I look at revolver Ebay gun parts. Many parts of different models. I'll use S&W as an example. All those parts for sale and yet, no frames. So someone breaks down a revolver and what happens to it, the frame. Where are those bodies buried?
Education please.
As per the above post, one of my best sources of magazines and parts for a while was a dealer who had a connection to a city police department where they took in a fair number of guns and destroyed the frames. The dealer was the lucky guy who got to dispose of the remains. :whistle:

·
Registered
10,141 Posts
Education please.
Hey SR,

Month or so back, NUMRICH had a bunch of revolver "cut ups" on "sale" ($225/$250??) All the parts w/frame as pictured above by 500.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There is currently an outfit, "GUNBUSTERS", that contacts with law enforcement agencies to destroy firearms and provide documentation that they are destroyed. They destroy the serial numbered frames.

ETA, Should have added that there may be other outfits that perform a similar service, but this is one that I am aware of.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So then the next question is, the parts on Ebay as an example for specific models of S&W. Odds are they "they may" be good or is that a crap shoot.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
One good thing about “mislabeled” parts is they are usually underpriced because the seller checked on pricing incorrectly. It can be hit of miss as far as useability especially with hammers/triggers. Many are removed “bubba”/ruined and the seller isn’t aware of it. You need to look close at important details. I’ve gotten junk from Numrich as well so going that route is no guarantee. Some parts are unobtanium. I stay away from guns with no important parts available easily. Same with cars. Life’s easier when a machine works. That’s part of being dependable. Everything breaks eventually so keep it as simple as possible. I digress. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts