Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a beautiful vintage S&W leather holster among my father's things. Am trying to find out what gun(s) fit this model. I Called S&W, but they don't have records that far back and suggested I check here.

Number 21 is stamped below and to the left of the S&W logo and number 64 is below and to the right of the logo.

Does anyone have any info. about what the numbers mean, what gun(s) fit this holster and approximately when it was made?

Tan Leather
Handgun holster Leather Gun accessory Scabbard
Handgun holster Leather Scabbard Gun accessory

· Registered
13 Posts
Man...I thought I had the exact same holster...but closer inspection revealed mine made by H.Heiser, Denver, CO...and the muzzle end is closed rather than open, So I guess further discussion on my part is moot.

· Registered
439 Posts
S&w leather

S&W marketed leather, AND fake leather in the late 70's and into the early 80's. Yours seems to be real leather. 21 is the model of the holster, and I believe the 64 is the gun it was made for. Any 4" K frame might work, but it would seem to be made for a MDL 64-- whether or not the strap would work with a sighted gun remains to be seen. Value might be $25.00 in the right market. Maybe. JMHO of course. :) You might find the gun lurking around somewhere.

· Registered
439 Posts
Man...I thought I had the exact same holster...but closer inspection revealed mine made by H.Heiser, Denver, CO...and the muzzle end is closed rather than open, So I guess further discussion on my part is moot.
Ah yes, a much better holster. :)

· Registered
19 Posts
Size "64" is supposed to fit J frames or similar size revolvers with a 4 inch barrel though some seem to run a little large and fit K frames better.

The first digit in the size number is the frame size ( 6=J, 3=K, 2=N) and the second digit is the barrel length....of course there are exceptions.

KO

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
S & W 21 64 leather holster

Size "64" is supposed to fit J frames or similar size revolvers with a 4 inch barrel though some seem to run a little large and fit K frames better.

The first digit in the size number is the frame size ( 6=J, 3=K, 2=N) and the second digit is the barrel length....of course there are exceptions.

KO
Wow! - KO, thanks so much for the printout! It's also a great help to know what the digits mean.
Sorry I didn't check back sooner - I wasn't ignoring your efforts, just forgot to check in lately.

Thanks again to all who have responded; I do appreciate your input.

aragorn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.