Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For me currently it is:

Ruger Model AR-556
, new under $550.00 - It would be my first AR type rifle. I have a Ruger Mini 14.

S&W Model 4040PD - It would be my first 40mm. Bought one on July 18, 2016

S&W Model 4566TSW
with the integrated rail - I have a S&W Model 4566 that I am polishing to a chrome looking finish. I also have a 5906TSW so this would be my second TSW.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This my kind of thread! I love to think about this!

1) a Ruger Vaquero SA (would love to have the 9mm/.357 covertible model) they stopped making those some time ago

2) a S&W Victory

3) a 3" S&W revolver of some sort (don't have any revolver in 3" barrel length)

4) a CZ scorpion evo 9mm

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
Not actively looking yet, but as soon as I have the cash I intend to get a 6 inch 686 and a 2.5 inch 66. A 586 and 19 would also work if at the right price. I may have to move something down the road to help the funding and if I do its probably going to be the 6 inch Colt official police. Its OK , but I just prefer S&W revolvers to the Colt.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
S&W Model 66-1 4 inch

S&W Model 629 (no dash) 6 inch

I have the S&W Model 60 (no dash) 1.875 inch. The additional of these two would complete my triad.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I have the desire for an AR but I can't get a cheek weld because of my literally stiff neck. I have limited motion rolling my head forward. I can't afford it anyway but I was once more than a fair shot with the A2.
I have been through selling off firearms to pay medical bills, then reacquiring a few again. I now have more than I can shoot or do shoot. I guess I am lucky in that friends from church really do want my participation in our shooting group.
I enjoy seeing their new acquisitions and they enjoy showing them and letting me shoot them.
That has a big drawback - it makes me want guns I can't afford and don't need.
But it sure is fun pulling the trigger on a new and different firearm and hitting the target with it. :D

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
A new AR of some brand, and a small 9mm for EDC. The Sig P226 is getting hard to lug around...

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
scott, me too 38/44, model 27 3 1/2 ", model 28, model 19, 66, 65, GP100 WC, Delta Elite XSE, Wilson Combat CQB, M1A NM,Ruger Super Blackhawks all barrel lengths and 44 & 45, Colt SAA 2nd gen 4 3/4 45LC, 1892 Winchester,a new Henry 1860 in 44/40, Henry big boy 41 mag, Marlin 1894FG 41 mag. these are the ones I need right now!? Oh and a Ruger SP101 3 inch-357. These will do for now. Oh a model 21 S&W like my Sis has!!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm looking for a 38 snubby. Either a Smith or Colt. I'd like to get an older model that is in excellent shooter grade. Haven't found one at the few LGS around here. If I don't find one at the upcoming shows I might try GB.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am really more in the Ammo buying mode. Most of my firearm "needs" are met, including Plinkers, EDC (from micro to full size), HD 12 gauge, and battle rifle.

However,,, there are still the WANTS! :)

For the "wants",,, I am looking at a PTR-51-PDW.

I have always been a fan of having guns that share ammo/mags. Example; I have a pistol caliber carbine and a Sub-2000 folder that both take the same ammo and mags as my Glock 17.

With that in mind, I have a PTR-91 (7.62x51 / .308Win), and I have been checking out the PTR-51-PDW. It would be BRUTAL without a suppressor though... .308 out of an 8" Barrel, YIKES. But again considering cross compatibility, if I went with a suppressor it would also work on the PTR-91. What the heck, I guess a tag for that just boils down to $$$ though. Right? (sarcasm....)

In addition to both using the same ammo, they also both utilize the ultra cheap HK-G3 20 round mags ($3-$5 ea for 20 rounds mil-surp).

Further fuel for thought is the question about whether the .308Win might be less of a supply hazard than an AK or AR round in the future?

I doubt if I do "pull the trigger" and buy the PTR-51, but it would be next on my list.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/308...ew-gun-review/

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
On my "check them out" list is a K frame snubby, and a .38 M&P Model of 1905 - 4th change.

Also looking at the compact Ruger 1911 in a 9mm and/or the Rock Island 1911 compact in 9 mm.

Still deciding if I want to collect all of the Model 10 dashes in a 4" barrel.

So many to decide on, so little time.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I'm never "looking" to buy anything. That's the problem but some continue to follow me home. Like the Model 24, the pre-model 28 with coke grips, the .38/44 HD pre-model 20, the Model 58, etc. These two Model 36's were the last. When they're right there in front of me and the price is more than reasonable, I can't seem to refuse. It's an S&W addiction. (At least the wife humors me & it keeps me out of bars).
Model 36 no-dash .38 007.JPG
36-1 3 inch Nickel 001.JPG

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Probably should be looking to improve some of those I have (better scopes, better sights,different grips etc.) than new to me guns but:

Need an AR lower with a decent trigger so I do not have to continue switching out to find a home for the HB upper I bought recently.
Still hear a Performance Center shield calling me - just because.
Want a Les Baer Boss of long slide Ultimate Master, but will not spend that much $$
Bolt action target grade rifle in 6.5 Creedmore so I can be cool too.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
My next one will likely be a Springfield Mod2.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts