Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my FFL; he only does it part time, about a mossberg mini bantam in 410 for my son's birthday, which he could not get in time. So I said well if you ever run across some old Smiths give me a call. He texted me back with a model 10-5 for a round $240 that included shipping and transfer. He said the seller is calling it fair to good I said why not order me one. Have not picked it up but this is the picture he sent
Resized_20200505_140713.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,712 Posts
Perhaps a duty firearm surplussed by the agency. If it has good mechanical condition, it was probably carried a lot and fired a little. That is the way I like a shooter. Check it mechanically and if it's good, it is a good buy.

I have a Model 10-11 that came back from Victoria Australia that had excellent mechanical condition but worn finish on the barrel. Been my shooter S&W revolver ever since.

Assuming your son understands what a "shooter" revolver is... should be a great gift. If he's more into bright and shiny things, keep it for yourself...

·
Registered
make mine 45 acp 😎
4,039 Posts
everybody should own at least 1 !

looks like one of the recent round of imports - at 240 it is fairly priced for around here - market is about 300 on my local trader..

def need to replace the grips which is gonna run ~$50 for factory Smiths

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Yup .. all it needs are some new ebay stocks and you are GTG! Hey .. guys are paying EXTRA to get their guns painted "Battleworn" That one has some real life patina. I think its cool.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Not a fantastic deal or a fantastic specimen, but a decent deal on a decent shooter.

Reactions: Curt360 and Mjh

·
Premium Member
11,947 Posts
If it is in good mechanical condition go for it. You will enjoy it on the range. I paid $210 for this Model 10-6 and it is a blast.

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
Like the others stated, if in good mechanical condition it will be fun to shoot. Congrats and please post more pics when you can. :cool:

Reactions: Mjh
1 - 15 of 15 Posts