Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend, that works in a local gun shop, called me today to tell me about a pair of S&W's that came into the shop this week. Earlier in the week a 38 Safety Model, sn 245712 came in. Today a totally different person brought in serial number 245713. To all accounts neither seller knew the other. But what are the chances of this happening? They are both blue with 3 1/2" barrels. One is 80% and the other is 90-95%. I'll have first crack at them if I want them and once the store decides what they want for them. I for one do not place a huge premium on consecutive numbers.

·
Administrator
8,100 Posts
That's pretty amazing allright!

I think I'd be on top of that situation.. How often are you gonna come across consecutively numbered guns to begin with and, on top of that, what a story behind it!

·
Registered
142 Posts
That's pretty unusual, but I have a story to top it. I once met a couple who had consecutive Social Security Numbers. They were both born in the same state, but on different dates. I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it, but I saw both of their SSNs. How weird is that? A consecutive couple!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi Gary,
Welcome to the forum. welcome01

That is a neat thing that the 2 revolvers should show up in the same place. It will be interesting to find out about where they went and if ther were together when they left the factory. I think that it was Ed C. that told of having a consective pair of 2" M&Ps that left the factory 10 years apart. with WW2 in between.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I too find that amazing. How about an update? hpzl;n;

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Those are lottery type chances. I'd go buy a ticket!

I once handled a car crash report where both drivers had the same name (first and last) and the same birthday (including the year) but didn't know each other and lived several towns away from each other. But they found each other when they crashed their cars together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts