Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of 4 grandchildren, I only have one grandson, the youngest who will be 4 years old in just a couple of weeks, he played his first soccer game today and it was a blast! He's way too short for his age, the result of a premature birth situation that we hope will settle itself out naturally, but he's a fireball of energy and has such a personality, he steals the show whatever the event may be! Although he is in gymnastics, his soon to be six year old sister is as well, but it's more competitive and she's really, really good, plus I have a Freshman who is back into Club Volleyball, which is crazy competitive, so watching the two girls is stressful for me and grandma. That's why today was so much fun, the kids might stop and pull up clover, walk over to the sidelines to pet a dog, run the wrong way, help the other team, anything or everything that is NOT stressful to watch! A couple of days ago I attended an event sending off a good man I worked with into retirement and he mentioned he'd now have time to spend with his grandkids and I told him he's right, but will not understand how much fun it's going to be once he realizes he's now off the corporate leash! :)

Brodo 1.jpeg Brody defense.jpeg

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Both my boys started when they were about 5, (and I coached as well). It was always a lot of fun watching kids play at that age. half the time, they are picking dandelions or wondering what is happening, but every now and then a spark hits and they score and you'd think they won the World Cup!

Enjoy it grandpa!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. My wife and I recently retired and moved to be 10 minutes instead of over an hour from 3 of our 5 grand kids. 4 girls and the youngest being 4 year old Ben.
My younger sister had 2 premies, and now that they are both teens you would never know it. Her daughter was born right at the critical point of about 26 weeks, I think. They have a picture of her in the palm of her dad's hand.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Enjoy it while you can. It passes by sooo fast. For my son it started with Little League. Then it was baseball and football. Then, baseball, football, and wrestling. Then, baseball, football, wrestling, and track. Now he is out of high school and they are all done. I do though, have video of all of his track, football games, and wrestling matches. I coached the baseball teams. Again, participate in this and enjoy it. I know your grandson will never forget it.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Enjoy it grand dad.

Soccer is such a great game for kids to play.

What's with this communist football crap?
I don't get that comment either; I prefer watching the English Premier League over the NFL

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Communist football? Just a term used for the game in my area for as long as I can remember.
If kids want to play, that's great. I go and watch like a grandpa should.
I don't like the game. I think it equates to watching paint dry and have no understanding of it's global appeal. Again, if you and yours enjoy it, have fun.
I also don't like cauliflower, cats, and 1911 handguns. So what?
Maybe I'm just now finding out that I'm a sports racist.

·
Registered
19,465 Posts
Great pics! Enjoyed watching my son playing soccer, or should I say a blob of kids chasing the ball around the field, when he was that age. Thanks for sharing.:)

·
Registered
16,235 Posts
It is fun so enjoy while you can Stacey. Ours loved having Mom and Dad watch but when we made it it was Icing on the cake we were told. So you are developing a great relationship there. Glad you are close enough to support them this way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts