1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Depends on caliber and frame size.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Well your question is interesting to say the least. i have never been asked that question and never knew any body to ask it. But the question is subject to other questions. Like where is the measurement taken at the Flute or at the Flat. The question also holds no absolute answer as gun of certain calibers have different thicknesses. But having measured all my gun in all calibers in my collection the average is .11638 Inch

Hope that helps ??????

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Here's a good one for you...

Auto part

It was shipped on a S&W 686 sold in the USA. One out of six looks pretty good. It was obviously fired before someone took a close look.

The specs may be documented for cylinders. Someone like Jerry Kuhnhausen may have it in his shop manual.

Reactions: Boriqua and Cliff

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I expect that a cylinder that was contoured for seven shot 686SSR actions got dropped in the batch that was drilled for the six shot 686.

The amazing thing is that this one was assembled into a revolver, made through inspection and proof testing and out into the wild.

The cartridge envelope is dated 2011, so it must have been close to the time they introduced the SSR.

Stuff happens... At least this one didn't kaboom. (BTW, this was not my revolver. The picture is from the Internet years ago).

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Premium Member
20,502 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts