Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site tracks and analyzes Internet based attacks; in particular "Distributed Denial of Service" attacks.

Through various means, hackers and opportunists (often for a fee) will start sending an uncontrolled volume of server requests to a website in order to overwhelm it and prevent legitimate users from accessing it.

The volume of data in these attacks is daunting. It can peek in the ten of billions of megabits per second.

This map shows this in an animated fashion, and you can set a start date and watch it over time. One thing is clear... the most important location to attack is the United States.

https://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Wow. It's like an internet version of Nukemap.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Coincidence??? Unable to load link!

Also, I have been unable to access the "Townhall Daily" website or Twitter...getting message , "This page isn't working...didn't send any data" after several attempts. All other sites working ok.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
very slow for me- Maybe under attack? ;)

·
Registered
19,428 Posts
That's why I've always used REGCURE PRO on my computer, rather than the free one on SPECTRUM. I don't know if it's worth it, but.....so far so good. I have had it for many years, and so far...I have not been infected. Anybody know if REGCURE PRO is any good???? I run it at least once per day. Bob

·
Premium Member
9,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The site is slow to load.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Interesting Marc. Today was a bad day for Australia according to the site map.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts