Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been goin' to the range twice, with my Ruger SR22 over the past week. It gives me practice for shootin' the LC 9s.....but it's a heck of a lot cheaper. ($10 /100 compared to $25/50) I burned up some of my .22 stash.......probably shot 200 rds/ day.....but I've got a whole bunch more. :D Put out a target at 10', to practice self defense shooting with one hand. I'm getting a lot more center hits now, using my sights for quick acquistion.....rather than 'Point Shooting'. It might not be as fast, but it's a whole lot more accurate!!! welldone

I was surprised to see only two people on Sunday afternoon, and nobody today! I thought the range would have, at least a couple more people. But, I had the range all to myself.....which I like. ;):D Bob

·
Super Moderator
19,294 Posts
Good for you. It's always nice when you have a range to yourself. I've done that a couple of times, and it's always a pleasure to be able to manage the targets without having to shut down everybody else to change out some targets.
It sounds like some much needed practice is paying off with good times and much better accuracy.
Enjoy this while you can, because once this "crisis" is over the range may be busier than every with all the new gun owners it has created.

·
Registered
19,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mainly go to practice my Self Defense shooting at 20' or less......just in case I'm going to have to use it. Using a .22 is a lot cheaper than .38 Spl. or 9mm. carry ammo. That's why I got it.....in the first place!!! I don't 'Target shoot' at all, 'cause I really suck at it!!!! :eek: And I don't have the right equipment, anyway! Bob

·
Registered
20,512 Posts
Glad you got out for some range time. A great way to blow off steam by doing something you enjoy.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
From the residence to my handgun range is a fifteen-minute or so walk thru the woods. The range is rather simplistic setup for defensive handgun shooting. We shoot mostly 9x19mm which is more cost effective than 45ACP. 22 rimfire not so much as we only have one 22RF handgun but we have several 22RF rifles. I'm a land share owner in a shooting association that has a rather large facility for shooting sports Rifle-Shotgun & Handgun applications.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Good for you Bob. I have been to the range 3 times in the past 4 weeks trying to improve my shooting with my Colt 45. DSCN0849.JPG I got away from shooting 1911's for a few years so it's going to take some practice. Now for some excuses, the sights are a little fuzzy, glare from the sun in my eye's, heavy trigger pull, adjusting grip from recoil ect ect.:D I don't know why the gun makers put fuzz on the sights now.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
And it’s just plain fun! Powder smoke is one of the great pleasures of life when it’s all in fun! Hank

·
Registered
19,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
USSMAN, I don't have a 1911.......but I have been thnking about a Ruger 1911 Commander 9mm.. I probably shouldn't push my luck with Donna, since she didn't say nuthin' when I got the LC9s. It's a compact gun for carry....and that's all I need it for!!!! But.......ya' know how it is!!!!!:sneaky: Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts