Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a moment of weakness it seems I purchased a Blue Label Glock 42. I do have a Ruger LCP but hate shooting the thing. In all the years I have owned it I have only put 50 rounds thru it. This is a lot bigger and will be used when I can't carry something bigger. The price was right $319.00 so I figured why not. Please don't think any less of me for going to Glock, it just seemed to work for me. Should be at my LGS wed.

·
Premium Member
10,388 Posts
While I don't own any, students keep bringing them to class, and they do fine. One of my other instructors brought his 10mm Glock last weekend. Well made, solid handfull.

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
I have two; a 21SF and a 30, I got them from my son when he moved to a 9MM platform. Neither were used in 'on the job' shootings, but both never failed on the range either. He had and still has another 21 that he went through the police academy with and won't ever part with, but it did fail him early in is career, later being determined to be a single bad ammo cartridge, not the gun. He also has a 42 and a 43 for 'off duty' carry options, which have always shot perfectly at a range. One of my fellow AZ Forum members here, a man that knows guns better than most, a person I deeply respect and consider a friend had a VERY bad experience with a Glock and it ruined him on the brand forever, something I completely understand. Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't happened more to me and mine since we carry the 'Blackcloud' jinx moniker! In the meantime, they (Glocks) seem to work 99.98% of the time, so enjoy your purchase! :)

·
Registered
16,926 Posts
Just never could feel comfortable using a Glock so traded the 20 SF for something, do not remember, but bought an RIA 1911 and Ruger SR1911 in 10mm. Congrats on getting it and hope it works.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Whatever floats your boat mate... shoot it in good health..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to be honest I do own a few of them. There is some brand loyalty because it was a Glock 21 that saved my life when I was in the service. It is a G21 Gen2 and I was given that pistol by the squadron I was assigned to as a gift. I still shoot it regularly and will keep it to the day I die. Thousands of 45ACP thru it and has never failed. The only replacement parts were the night sights that went dead. Looks like it has been thru hell! Now I do like my shields but the Glock has a special place in my heart.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Glock, they aren't pretty but they are awfully darn reliable. I shot a buddy`s Shield once, terrible trigger maybe as bad as the original LCP`s..I'll take my 17 any day

·
Registered
381 Posts
Personally, I would never own or even shoot a plastic pistol, of any make or model. Just my opinion, too many fine steel or aluminum alloy revolvers or pistols out there to take the chance.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I will not back up when I say I own a few. My Model 27 baby Glock in 40 Caliber shoots better than any gun I have. I carried it for years and have shot many a round through it with absolutely no trouble. Enjoy your purchase and send us a range report soon.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think Glock is to guns what Toyota is to Cars. They are popular because they are reliable and people buy them over and over again because they trust them. However, they are vanilla and break little new ground.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My first semi auto that actually functioned (had a terrible other brand lemon for a bout a week) was a Glock 19. From that moment on I was a dedicated Glock girl. Then, when I had to stop shooting 9mm due to arthritis, etc. I was only able to keep my G42. Now I own a Shield EZ and an M&P .22 compact, both of which are a joy to shoot. And a couple other brands too.

Since I was always super accurate, but not ever a national championship shooter, the stock 5.5 - 6 lb. Glock triggers suited me just fine.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I bought one in 1996, when the 27 came out. Didn't keep it more than a month. Last year I traded into a 19 Gen 3. That one stayed around probably 6 months, and I never shot it. When pointing it at something by memory, with closed eyes, I'd open them to see it pointing way above the intended target.

They are not natural pointers for me, but I do hear good things about their reliability. Glocks aren't anything I'd like to just hold while watching TV, to admire during commercials. (am I the only one that does that?) But I would never fault anyone that does like them. Variety is the spice of life! Which is why I have J frames, K frames, L frames and N frames. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts