Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my hunting buddy, Inge, for a walk across some cut- over land. Tough going in places, but there are some trails cut through in places for horses. We were mainly out for some exercise, but rabbit and squirrel are still in season here. Took my Model 28-2 as a holstered companion, Riding in a Simply Rugged holster,along with my Remington 870 Wingmaster Lightweight Magnum 20 ga. Mainly in case of a chance encounter with a coyote. Loaded it with 3”#2 buck. Didn’t see a thing, but a fun time was had by all!

AA379054-F94D-44B3-BA8A-9EA70AD31048.jpeg
B1A2F426-3BB9-4298-B3E2-C9FD45982C3F.jpeg

·
Registered
22,136 Posts
Glad you spent time doing something you enjoy. Great choice in sidearm for your hike in the woods with your hunting buddy.:)

Reactions: Breakaway500

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir! That LW 20 gauge is built on a 20 gauge frame. Carries easily. And the 28 rode along just as easily in that Simply Rugged holster. I thought I was gonna regret bringing it. The cut-over is limbs, small trees,etc. covered with weeds , grass. Makes for unsure footing, but that combination was comfortable all morning. Didn’t take it off til I got ready to shower.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Nice rig for the woods. I of course wish you no danger, but I kind of wish you crossed paths with a coyote. I'm with Wendy, rabbit and squirrel are good eating.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I,too, would like to get a shot at one. They are giving our game population hell. Deer ,Turkey are feeling the pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts