Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at another one today.
M&P from the first quarter of the 20th century. Unfortunately I didn't get the SN so I don't know its exact age.
It has been reblued, though other than the trigger and hammer being blued it appears to have been very well done.
Rollmarks are nice and sharp and the side plate seam and screws all look very nice. The grips are indeed as worn as they appear.
Mechanically it seems great. Lockup, timing, endshake, trigger, are all excellent. Bore & cylinders look good, not prefect but very good.
Seller offered it to me for $300. So now I'm a bit torn, but leaning towards buying it.
Somebody want to talk me out of it? Or into it?
Right.jpg Left.jpg

·
Registered
22,174 Posts
BUY IT! It needs a good home. Please post more pics when you get it.:)

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
I would definitely get it. Looks great and having a couple know it will shoot as good as you can. Has a lot of history (we just do not know what it is) and the grips show a lot of character. for that price is not a stel but definitely worth bringing home.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Just imagine the poor thing, all alone on these cold winter nights, hoping for a nice person to take it home! Can’t you be that nice person? How could you leave it, abandoned and whimpering, to the vicissitudes of other folks?

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I share your problem...pound puppy pity!

You see them in the case, garhering dust and being ignored by everyone. Sad cases sure, used abused and cast aside but still full of life and just needing someone to give them a good home and feed and care for them. I have a soft spot for them too.

1904 to 1992...

mod 10 grp stamp no 64.JPG

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I share your problem...pound puppy pity!

You see them in the case, garhering dust and being ignored by everyone. Sad cases sure, used abused and cast aside but still full of life and just needing someone to give them a good home and feed and care for them. I have a soft spot for them too.

1904 to 1992...

View attachment 444665
That middle one looks like a brother to the one I'm looking at!

You guys are such a bunch of enablers. I'm still somewhat on the fence about this one. I won't feel guilty if I don't buy it. It is a private seller, so it already has a home and isn't gathering dust in a LGS case somewhere. :D

Reactions: ArkieVol
1 - 8 of 8 Posts