1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
16,255 Posts
When the board and investors see there returns wonder how big his smile will be. Politics are all fine and good but when an investor loses money on an investment all else does not matter.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I sincerely doubt he was that stupid, as to actually destroy $5M worth of merchandise. He is, after all, a businessman, maybe a bad one, but a businessman nonetheless. I’m sure he sold the AR’s and announced to his new cream puff clientele that he destroyed them. He’s looks good to them and saves some money. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
Actually, you could find a lot worse investments that DKS. Up 17% year to date. Plus they pay about a 3% dividend.

The dog of dogs is our home team. AOBC is down over 50% year to date. No dividend.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 9.00.58 PM.png

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
Gee I wonder if AOBC stock has anything to do with today's employees outlook on QC and CS.
AOBC financial nightmare is driven by poor gun sales. Competitors are also suffering.

Dick's sells guns, but it's not a significant portion of their sales. They have about $8 billion in annual sales. Destroying $5 million in gun inventory is meaningless to their business other than a PR story.

·
Registered
706 Posts
If I were a stockholder, I would be ticked. Business decisions should not be made because you are on the board and can throw away the actual company owner's money.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
"The shooter killed 17 students and school staff with a weapon purchased from a Dick's location. "We found out that we sold this kid a shotgun," Stack said. "That's when I said, 'We're done.'""

I thought it was a Modern Day Sporting Rifle? It was a shotgun? Media didn't report that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts