Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Yep! I just bought a M&P40C today and the dealer hand wrote my reciept and dated it for the 27th for me. ;) Now, if the compact magazine comes pre-installed with the finger rest this will really sweeten the deal! :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey RonJon and 40cal,

Thanks for info!

I just got a 40c today and the dealer didn't tell me of the promo.

I have to go back to get it next week after I get the purch permit. I'll have to ask how the deal works.

Anyone know if the dealer gives them to you or if S&W sends them? Do you have to send in for them?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WGlide90 said:
Hey RonJon and 40cal,

Thanks for info!

I just got a 40c today and the dealer didn't tell me of the promo.

I have to go back to get it next week after I get the purch permit. I'll have to ask how the deal works.

Anyone know if the dealer gives them to you or if S&W sends them? Do you have to send in for them?
You probably didn't see the line near the bottom of the URL I gave you above, so here is the URL that is the same as that line - It has the form that you fill out and send in like a rebate type form (with a copy of your purchase receipt and be sure your gun's serial number is written on the form). You must have Adobe acrobat on your computer (free downlaod from Adobe if not) to display and print the form:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/other/promos/SW_LoadUp_Coupon.pdf

There you go and good luck - Plan on at least an 8 week wait to get them (and sometimes you need to call them and resubmit because they are notorious for 'losing' the form - So be sure to make a copy of everything that you send - You'll probably need it! The stuff is farmed out to some two-bit rebate clearing house in NJ and if you can't get anything from them in 2 or 3 months you can go around them by callling Smith & Wesson and they'll take care of you (guess how I know about all of this? :roll: )

RonJon

·
Registered
429 Posts
RonJon,

Ya, I did go back and saw the statement on the coupon. I'm just happy I got in at the right time to get the deal, those extra clips can come in handy.

It sounds like you've either gone through this before or you got someone inside.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I sent in my coupon about a month 1/2 ago. I have not received them yet. I think I will cal S&W as RonJon has suggested.

Has anyone gotten the mags from this promo yet?

Curious to see if we get the finger extension on the freebees.

I did call S&W about the extra mag that came with gun w/o the finger extension and the guy said he would send me one for that, I got it about a week after I called.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mag promo update!

I got my M&P on the second day of the latest free 2 mag promo w/gun purchase, I just got them today (Sat).

It's kind of ironic since the day I got the gun I also signed up for CPL training class. I took that today and got certificate!!!!.....

When I got home from class, the free mags were in the mail. Dang, sure could have used them today in training.

BTW, I got mine for the 40c, they didn't come w/ finger extension. I think I'll call S&W like before on the spare with the gun origianlly.

Anyway it was a great day getting the cert and getting the free mags. And the shooting was great as well in class. That defensive shooting is fun. The M&P worked great.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If your floorplate is flat it can be switched for the finger extention in no time, push the button on the bottom in and slide the plate off. Smith gave me one for mine.

Boats

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi Boats,

Ya, I did the same. I called S&W and got one for the spare that came with gun. It came in a couple weeks.

When I talked w/ the S&W guy at that time I asked if the free ones will have the finger ext., he said he thought they would. I wasn't assured, and I was right. So I'll call S&W this week and see if they'll send 2 more.

Dave

·
Registered
429 Posts
Update!

I called S&W today about getting the finger exts for the 2 free mags from the promo. The Customer Service guy said they would send me 2 for the mags. He did say they were on back order so it would take a while. He did give me an order number, so it should work OK.

I really have to say S&W ais doing a good job at Customer Service these days.

Anyway, It's good thing to have the finger extensions, because without retaining your pinky on the handle you do not have full control of the pistol, so it's important to have them on the mags.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts