Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't come off with the $ for the Python. While the latch on these is different they have a great rep.

thewelshm

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Happy NEW YEAR!

Way to send 2020 out!

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got to do something with the Dunlops though...:) "Happiness is a purchase away"

thewelshm

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice VH model (vented heavy barrel). That was the first pistol I bought when I turned 21.
Do you still have it mate?

thewelshm

·
Registered
21,474 Posts
Very nice gun and you will enjoy it a lot. Did you get the tools with it as they let you change out barrels, the shim gets the best gap between barrel and cylinder to get best accuracy. EWKArms has wrenches and shims and even some shrouds and barrels. I got a spare barrel on GB about 6 years ago. So have 4,6 and 8 inch but the 8 inch is a different gun.

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice gun and you will enjoy it a lot. Did you get the tools with it as they let you change out barrels, the shim gets the best gap between barrel and cylinder to get best accuracy. EWKArms has wrenches and shims and even some shrouds and barrels. I got a spare barrel on GB about 6 years ago. So have 4,6 and 8 inch but the 8 inch is a different gun.
View attachment 491872
View attachment 491873
Nice wood shoes.. I will know when it arrives, 6 bills and change I was happy. I guess no one was bidding? They are proud of these .

thewelshm

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A bucket dream gun would be a Dan Wesson in 357 Maximum caliber. I’d jump on that...

Reloading 357 max is a great thing
I reload .357 Max for a buddy for silhouette shooting that's a long boy.

thewelsh

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I couldn't come off with the $ for the Python. While the latch on these is different they have a great rep.
thewelshm
Very nice!!! (y) I always wanted a Dan Wesson Monson revolver in the collection. Had a couple interesting opportunities, but never managed to bring one home. One was a .44 Magnum in stainless. Damn it was sweet, but the good wife said no to that one. :cry: It was kind of expensive. :whistle:

The other one was a blued 6" .357 Magnum with the blond tiger-striped stock. Magnificent "like new" gun in every respect. It was at a show where I had already blown my cash. Dealer was on the other end of MA. I looked for the gun at the next show, but it had sold. :(

I keep looking, but top condition Dan Wesson Monson revolvers are getting more scarce (and more expensive) with every passing year. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.