Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I pull up at Shoot Straight in Tampa, its dead.. guy behind counter explained they had a fire, 8 more weeks until open to the public :( So I head to a Pawn shop on Hwy 60, and shot it in theirs 25yards left and right handed, it feels good but ejecting over ones face is different :) So I cleaned it and put on some citizenship shoes to preserve the stockers, they feel bigger in the hand which I like, so heading back in the near future... Couldn't keepbrass watching me like a hawk:eek:

20190903_134323_resized.jpg 20190903_140823_resized.jpg 20190903_140839_resized.jpg

thewelshm

·
Premium Member
10,222 Posts
When you're left handed, you get used to brass flying by your eye...

While attractive, you may find that the lack of texture on the new grips makes it more difficult to hold accuracy. I've developed a preference for VZ style grips and the sharp cut aluminum ones used on CZ-75 pistols.

Example:

EssexVZ.jpg

Firing a .45 M1911a1 does have a uniquely satisfying feeling in hand, doesn't it?

·
Administrator
8,036 Posts
Marc, those are the exact VZ grips I put on all my 1911s. Well, except I go for the thin grips and in black. But, other than that, mine are just like yours. Excellent choice. If I remember right, they're called 'gator backs'. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
20,369 Posts
Congrats on breaking in the new 1911. Thanks for the range report and pics.:)

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on breaking in the new 1911. Thanks for the range report and pics.:)
Apparently 500 rounds is the break is the break in for a 1911? But it depends who you talk to? Had about 2 sticky loads, a tap on the ass was job done, only when installing new clips, no issues on FTE or FTF..

Thewelshm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts