Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
24,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have read about the new Winchester Wildcat 22 LR rifle. Reading the reviews seems like some great advantages and Not expensive at all but none to be found except GB and not really interested in shipping costs etc. So ventured into Academy Sports as we wanted to look at a few things. Well I wandered into the "Gun Bar" as they call it and lo and behold they had some. So I got one for 219 plus tax. I have never bought a gun at large stores like this but just could not resist. Buying it was somewhat of an experience I do not want to repeat but the rifle is everything it is made out to be. Best way is to say it is the Ruger Mark IV of rifles. One button to push and whole trigger and bolt drop out. The bolt handle even rotates upward so no need to remove it. Will take all my Ruger magazines even the high capacity and is extremely light. It is striker fired so now need range trip to see how light and quick the trigger is. Another bonus I like is the rear sight is a "Ghost Ring" but seems more like true peep sight to me. So far am really pleased to have found this rifle. Still prefer LGS but this was an exception and the gun was worth not having to wait on it.

The red bar is actually a magazine release that there are one on each side and pull back on both and magazine releases.

· Registered
24,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.