Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my son's friends got taught some skill's this weekend. They had to learn to load it before they could shoot it. 1863 Zouave, launching 525 minnie with 80gr FFFG.

G

·
0 Posts
Funny, I was posting at the same time as xtm...

Looks like the kids are havin' a hoot of a time. Must have been a lot of smiles going around after each shot. Quite a load in fffg with that ball. Are you casting your minne's and lubing them? How's that load group for you?

giz

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gizamo said:
Funny, I was posting at the same time as xtm...

Looks like the kids are havin' a hoot of a time. Must have been a lot of smiles going around after each shot. Quite a load in fffg with that ball. Are you casting your minne's and lubing them? How's that load group for you?

giz
They are Hornady 525gr minnie's, already waxed, and I add a little bore butter to them. So far I've not done any real groupings, but off hand she'll hold 3" at 50yds. I'm sure I can work that down some.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Good for you Leighton. Alot of smoke always makes a grin on a kid that lasts for days

·
Super Moderator
32,539 Posts
That does look like fun. I bet those boys had a great time shooting black powder, and then telling their friends they shot a rifle that fires a bullet the size of their thumb.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Haven't had a weekend blackpowder shoot since last Spring. I take 'em all out. Rifles, handguns and my lonely little 20 gauge double. What a hoot! Damn near turn black with all the smoke and I smell like Hellfire and brimstone. I just might do that after quail season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts