Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all need to be heard and protect our second amendment!! Please don't be silent!

I sent this letter to NC governor Roy Cooper today. If I receive a response, I will post it here. Feel free to copy this and send to your governor too!

Public safety is important don't get me wrong. However, the government has been abusive in using this as a reason to force mandates and other infringements on freedom. This is a slippery slope to say the least. I see the administration trying to do this on guns and our 2nd amendment right to protect ourselves. As you know, automobiles have stricken down people in the streets during parades killing them, airplanes have flown into buildings killing thousands, people getting stabbed to death with kitchen knives and on and on. Don’t you see that all of these situations were from crazy people willing to do crazy things to harm others. The weapon can be anything. The government is hell bent in selling the idea that guns are the problem not the criminals who are using whatever tool they can use to kill. Look at the most regulated states in the USA, they have more crime than those that do not. You can’t regulate a criminal. Criminals do not follow laws only law-abiding citizens do. Stop attacking the law-abiding citizens!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,560 Posts
Your ONLY response (if you even get one) will be a form letter thanking you for your concerns. Politicians don't read missives from citizens, most all of them are round filed. Politicians have better things to do than read fan mail, like getting another Latte or smoozing for the press.

Reactions: Woody Woodpecker

·
Registered
154 Posts
They used to work for us , now they think that they know better than us ! The only time that they care is when it is time to get reelected. That goes for most of them at least. Maybe your response will be different.

·
Registered
21,560 Posts
Not mine. I find it somewhat interesting that, the closer to election time, the more empty promises that are made to insure they keep their cushy, do nothing constructive positions.

Reactions: Woody Woodpecker

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Cooper was considered the most anti-gun, anti-law enforcement Attorney General in the United States, that included (at the time) Eric Holder. He has only moved further left since stealing the Governors Office (with "found" votes from Durham). Now he is in his final term and does not have to pander to anyone so he can show his true colors. He's to the left of George Soros.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts