Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
There was a good article I read years ago and I think it may have been in the "American Rifleman". It talked about a lot of antigun people have a phobia against guns and just like people that have phobias against snakes, spiders, heights, or small rooms, it is impossible to have a logical calm discussion with them and suggesting they seek professional help usually does not go over well either. None of my relatives or family is antigun, but a lot only have a few. A shotgun, a hunting rifle, a .22 rifle, a centerfire handgun and a .22 handgun is pretty common. I usually explain the reason I have a few more is that I collect them, and then it is O.K. Like uncle Joe who collects old glass insulators or Jake, the guy who collects old tractors.
Most of my family is not into guns. Two uncles have one gun each for home just in case but neither shoot. My dad has a gun that hasn't been outside the house in years. I'm the only one who's into guns, everyone else is just not interested in them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
31,475 Posts
Point taken. I just can't fathom someone being so F'd in the head that they put their agenda above family and friends.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
It does happen constantly. Right after Sandy Hook the big push was to ban firearms(mainly rifles) which are rarely used in crimes, but the argument was that ban was logical and common sense. Best estimate I have seen just for AR type rifles is between 4 and 5 million in private hands, but because of 1 shooter, 1 rifle and 1 shooting the claim was it was logical to ban those 4 - 5 million plus every other semi automatic. It wasn't even an emotional it was a mentally off hysteria.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts