Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recorded it Sunday on "The Discovery Channel", a 2hr program offering some very interesting insights into the secretive group that developed the U2 and SR71 Spy planes, as well as the F-117 Nighthawk stealth aircraft. I have DirecTV, so I'm not sure how else to get it, but here's a link that might help to do so, not sure. Anyway, I found it to be informative and provided some info I was previously unaware of. Did anyone else watch it?

https://www.history.com/specials/secrets-in-the-sky-the-untold-story-of-skunk-works/full-special

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
imho, Kelly Johnson's achievements were astounding.

·
Premium Member
10,248 Posts
It's easier to "think outside the box" when:
  • You have unlimited funding (thanks, Uncle Sam!)
  • You never acknowledge the "box" exists
  • You're tasked to do the "impossible"
Given the right set of requirements, anything is possible given enough time and resources.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
My company has done a lot of business with that group in the 37 years I've worked there. I've been in on a lot of interesting things. Sometimes we know the end use of the item, sometimes we are not informed.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
I watched that program too, learned a lot that I did not know about, like the A-12 CIA variant.

Here's in interesting and entertaining as all hell video on the A-12 by one of the pilots:

Reactions: jeepnut
1 - 9 of 9 Posts