Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is irrelevant, but a friend and I were talking to day about the future, so most collectors of revolvers are older. What is going to happen in 10, 20 years as we start to die off, is the market going to be flooded with a lot of collections, reducing the value? Or will be
Divided up and spark intrest. Just thinking that's all. I am not concerned I will keep on collecting and shooting.

·
Registered
616 Posts
As my nearest and dearest repeatedly says when I wonder about "after we're gone" -- NOT OUR PROBLEM!

Perhaps your statement was not about after you are gone, though, and you are concerned about the value of your collection while you are still here? Advice: Never collect guns, thinking they are going to be your retirement fund! (Or beanie babies)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Granny you are right, and I don't collect guns for retirement, because I hate selling them, and almost always regret selling. I do believe my meager collection will be divided up between my 5 children and most will stay with them.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Gun collections, like all collections, surge & recede. After 1900 lever action .30-30's were big items, today they draw little interest. Single action Colt prices come & go. Pre-64 Model 70's are the same, etc.. Like anything else if you can buy low & sell high you make money but trying to do that is guesswork. I just buy what I like & trade off what no longer interests me. After I'm gone it's someone else's worry but I got to enjoy them for a while.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am definitely not worried about return on my guns, because I probably just payed a few hundred dollars over what some thing was worth, but man I really wanted it. That sweet 686-1 I post early. I agree with all of you it doesn't matter, because we love what we love. Just sharing thoughts that's all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts