Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question i bought a new M&P 40c and in the booklet, it says a one year warrenty, and the website says lifetime warrenty?? Can someone help me out what warrenty do i have?? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
All M&Ps are lifetime to the original owner.

From the S&W website:

In the design of the M&P, we considered the needs of military and law enforcement from every conceivable angle. No other polymer pistol offers this combination of versatility, durability and safety. ALL BACKED BY OUR SMITH & WESSON LIFETIME SERVICE POLICY.

Click here to go to the S&W site

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is the spelling thing. How about warranty. All S&W handguns come with a lifetime warranty. Even if you're not the original owner. Smith does a great job of backing up there products.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW whats going on!!! i've been looking for mag finger extensions i cant find them anywhere its driving me nuts!! :?

G

·
0 Posts
Hi just to let you know I got the MP 9 c on Monday 2/9/09 called smith on 2/10 and they sent me a free one got it on 2/12/09 can't beat that and it was free just call the 800 number in your book.

G

·
0 Posts
I just bought a M&P40C today and called S&W this evening. The support agent kindly took my name and address and said he will have it in the mail tomorrow. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
BFantana23 said:
do you guys know anything about the warranty?? if its lifetime or 1 year??
Go to the first page of this thread and read the first reply to your question.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not to pick nits....but the warranty is one year... but S&W has a service policy under which they will do repairs for the lifetime of the original owner... and in practice they do it for subsequent owners.

This seems to me to be a "lawyer issue" of wording... warranty means something legally and service policy means something else. Basically I would say the wording simply means they can discontinue the lifetime warranty should they find it necessary to do so... if they had a lifetime warranty there would be contractual issues with dropping the lifetime warranty.

FWIW

Chuck

·
Registered
90 Posts
cxm, great way to explain the difference. After reading your post it's much more clear. I always thought it was a Lifetime Warranty. I've owned probably close to 20 S&W handguns over the years and have had little need to send a gun in for repair but when I've had questions or ordered anything from S&W they have gone out of their way to help me. John, how in the world do you get rust on a gun made of stainless steel coated with Melonite and has a plastic frame. I've owned an M&P 40 since they first came out and my gun is carried on duty so exposed to the elements. I've yet to see any rust and of all the guys I work with carrying them, no reports of rust. I swear there are people who throw out stupid statements just to start a rumor or see how far the claim goes. I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it on my own gun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts