Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/30/wapo-op-ed-homeschooling-coronavirus-crisis-damaging-children/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20200330&utm_content=Final

A former education commissioner of Tennessee said in an op-ed published Friday that children who are away from their public schools during the coronavirus crisis will suffer “damaging” effects with “iPads and parents” serving as their new teachers.

“Homeschooling during the coronavirus will set back a generation of children,” reads the headline of an op-ed at the Washington Post Friday by Kevin Huffman, now a partner at the City Fund, an education nonprofit that says it “partners with local leaders to create innovative public school systems.”
Yep, because public school kids can't read or do math now and not having them in that environment means his brainwashing can't continue

However, Kerry McDonald, adjunct scholar at the Cato Institute’s Center for Educational Freedom and author of Unschooled: Raising Curious, Well-Educated Children Outside the Conventional Classroom, observed to Breitbart News, “If students can so easily forget what they have learned over a few weeks away from school, did they ever really learn it at all? Or were they just taught and tested, memorizing and regurgitating information but not really learning it? And if learning loss is so pervasive during school breaks, then what happens after students graduate from high school? Does all the knowledge just disappear, or did they never really learn the content adequately?”:
Nailed it

·
Premium Member
11,325 Posts
There is no way it can be worse than what the kids are subjected to in the public school system. The political indoctrinating will be curtailed but the dems will remedy that over time.

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
In the suburbs I'd guess the kids will do fine at home, probably better. Not so sure about the inner cities. At least the kids get a break from crack head mom for a few hours while in school.

·
Registered
718 Posts
There is no way it can be worse than what the kids are subjected to in the public school system. The political indoctrinating will be curtailed but the dems will remedy that over time.
Most of them will survive the Chinese flu, if they get it, with no lasting ill effects; VERY damn few ever overcome their public school brainwashing, which begins in elementary school. Their parents might have helped them resist, except that most of them are products of the same planned & coordinated indoctrination. The most radical wing of the Dem party has a name, or rather two: the NEA (largest union in the country!) & the AFT.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'd likely be banned from here if I said what I though about that.

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of parents will be finding out just how poor their kids' reading skills are.
And how all of those great "Peechee sheets", "Great Student" bumper stickers, etc., meant nothing as far as their kids actually learning something.

·
Premium Member
11,325 Posts
So is reading their newspaper but they don't broadcast that.

·
Super Moderator
31,428 Posts
That is what the left hates most of all, it does cut their brainwashing time!

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
That's what I was thinking, along with math
A lot of parents will be finding out just how poor their kids' reading skills are.
That's what I was thinking, along with math, critical thinking, knowledge of American History. Its probably all lacking

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what I was thinking, along with math

That's what I was thinking, along with math, critical thinking, knowledge of American History. Its probably all lacking
Not probably

·
Registered
177 Posts
So, are they trying to say that our children are not going to survive not being indoctrinated by a system that turns young minds into liberals? As Jim Morrison told Joe Pesci's character in JFK, "I simply find your story unbelievable."

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's an unfortunate truth that the current generation of parents aren't much better off than their children, in terms of education. I've read that some of them don't understand enough to actually teach their kids. They themselves have to get on the internet and engage in remedial education. For some, it's going to be very painful.

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
“The State did not own men so entirely, even when it could send them to the stake, as it sometimes does now where it can send them to the elementary school.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Well and the Shallows

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
It's an unfortunate truth that the current generation of parents aren't much better off than their children, in terms of education. I've read that some of them don't understand enough to actually teach their kids. They themselves have to get on the internet and engage in remedial education. For some, it's going to be very painful.
Sounds like a win-win situation to me. Glad you pointed it out. We can use more good news about now.

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No it won't be because they won't do anything. My grandson has a mother like that; if he doesn't get the laptop from school to do the work online, his mom won't do it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts