Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

S&W informed me they discontinued Model 625 Mountain Gun (confirmed yesterday), though they continue to show it on the website.

I know I can buy similar Model 629 Mountain Gun (44 magnum) but would prefer Model 625 because 45 Long Colt "+P" has significantly lower recoil than 44 magnum (lower peak pressure over larger dia bullet).

Does anybody have one they want to sell?

Let me know. Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
45 Long Colt

Hi Brian,
I have a 45 Long Colt revolver. Not sure if it is what you are looking for. Older model with firing pin on the hammer. It is in great shape.
I attached a picture. Let me know if you are interested.
Jim Hayes
[email protected]

Hi,

S&W informed me they discontinued Model 625 Mountain Gun (confirmed yesterday), though they continue to show it on the website.

I know I can buy similar Model 629 Mountain Gun (44 magnum) but would prefer Model 625 because 45 Long Colt "+P" has significantly lower recoil than 44 magnum (lower peak pressure over larger dia bullet).

Does anybody have one they want to sell?

Let me know. Thanks,

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
625 Mountain Guns in .45 Colt are hard to find. I just found one (625-9) a few months back. It took me about 2 years in my area to find one for sale. I wish I could boast that I got a bargain on it. It was more than I really wanted to pay but it was a case of supply and demand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mountain gun

new member here i know its been a few years ago for this thread but if u have not got a 45 long colt mountain gun i seen one on gb today browsing and ran on to auction on gun broker auction# 254363652 if u may have already picked one up but anyway cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts