Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do these pistols have in common? Yes, they are all S&W revolvers, but they have something in common.

Made in 1978 and purchased in 1986,

Made in 1955 and purchased in 2009.

Made in 1962 and purchased in 2004.

Made in 1973 and purchased in 1986.

Made in 1977 and purchased in 1989.

Made in 1977 and purchased in 2004.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
They are all beautifully photographed byyou?
They all have me salivating?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Ok its already been said no locks or mimm parts,Pinned and recessed,original grips. Maybe they all use 38 caliber bullets. Or they are all non stainless.
I give up tell us the answer to this question.
I just noticed the first one is a model 29 so it cant be 38 bullets.
How about they are all discontinued models

·
Registered
898 Posts
They are all facing left. Now give me your chili and biscuit recipe karma!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clue is that I included the dates of manufacture and purchase. On a couple of them it's pretty crazy (IMO).

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
all bought during times of economic despair, previous owner needed to pay their mortgage???

·
Administrator
8,453 Posts
Going from the date of manufacture to the date of purchase, it took that long to find a 'deal' on that particular model?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LD has it. All arrived in unfired condition. I don't look for LNIB guns but I keep finding them.

And yes, I have put each and every one to work.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Dang it SP you made me get out some scratch paper. The 42 was 42 yrs old when you bought it, the 27-2 bought in 2004 was 27 yrs old. And that is all I got. :?: I thought it was barrel length was shortest was oldest but that wasn't right. See what happens when we let people with degrees post. tnbtlaa

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm not trying to be a wisearse, nvpAN, but I bet everyone of those wheelguns had three rounds
fired though it before leaving the factory. fhfjjjj Just info in case a true novice sees this. fnovnpoa
But that Terrier being 54 years in that ANIB condition is amazing! Nice score SP.

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
Darn you Giz......I was gonna say that!!!! :evil: Well then, how about....none of them is made anymore. :roll: That last 29 is a beauty! Bob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts