Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this little guy up brand new today. Beautiful gun, shoots very well for me. It is the "Quick Action" version in .40S&W. 100% German made, looks like it was made in 2007.
I picked up an uncle Mike's IWB holster, but do not like it. it seems the clip sits way too low, making the grip stick out way above the belly line...Any one have one of these guns, what do you use for concealed carry???
I know I got a pretty good deal... $799.00 retail... mine for $449.00 from Gander Mountain nonetheless!!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
f150guy.......
Nice catch! That's a nice looking holster from Highnoon that Forester put you on to and priced right too. I'm looking for something minimal (read, "thin") in an inside the waistband for my 3" Colt Defender but I want to be able to tuck my shirt in over it (do they call that a tuckable?). They seem to be hard for me to find.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Shaun... that holster looks mighty comfy! I usually carry in the 1 o'clock position, but 3,4, or 5 o'clock might work well with the one I already have, i will have to try it out.
Thanks again...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Charlie said:
I'm looking for something minimal (read, "thin") in an inside the waistband for my 3" Colt Defender but I want to be able to tuck my shirt in over it (do they call that a tuckable?). They seem to be hard for me to find.
Comp Tac CTAC:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Charlie, also, those clips are the old style. The new style Comp Tac clips are MUCH slimmer and MUCH more durable.

CTAC holsters are not cheap ($80 or so) but nothing out there works as well as they do when it comes to tuckables.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Since I've "matured" (got old!) I've finally figured out two very important things................stupid hurts and cheap doesn't work. Just my $.02. Like some of you folks, I've already got a box of cheap holsters I don't use. I'll check out the CTAC at a gun show or gun shop and if it works I'll definately buy one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts