Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these for sale at pretty reasonable prices. Then I saw Hickok45's review. Well, a local shop got in a few, priced right, like an SD9VE, but a much nicer trigger. So, I took the plunge and bought one.
It feels good, seems well made, simple to take care of. Hopefully I get out this weekend to shoot it. I still have a full sized M&P9 to shoot, and I got an adapter and 17rd mag for my M&P9c that I want to try out. There's a 50% chance of rain Sunday. That means it will be dry if I stay home, but we'll have a flood if I pack up all the guns and go out.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I have been tempted by the creed for at least a year. I don't like cheap guns but I like bargains and CDNN has this regular for about 279 and lower! Whew hard to resist.

A local I know has two. He bought one for his girl and liked it so much he bought one for himself. Looking forward to your range report!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I’ve been curious about it, but the LGS didn’t know it existed, and now it’s out of production.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Nice gun and trigger. Grip didn't suit me or I would have bought it. Congrats and enjoy. I have the same problem with Sport II rifle, can't shoot it for now, ranges closed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took it out today, between rain storms, and ran 50rds through it. It worked perfectly. Soft recoil, easy mag to load, nice sights. I did tend to shoot a little left of center with it. No hiccups, I'm not sure how much I like the hump on the grip, but, over all, it's a nice pistol. The M&P9c was the best shooter of the bunch. I got a 17rd mag and adapter for it. Makes it a lot easier to get a good hold. The only negative was how hard it was to get that first round loaded in the mag.
I had fun. It was a good day at the range.

·
Super Moderator
19,299 Posts
Oh my! It looks like a Jr. sized Hi-Point pistol. I can understand why it's not been a very successful product. Getting past ugly is a task in itself.
Even at less than $300 I'll take a pass on this one. It it shoots well, and you're comfortable with it, congratulations on the acquisition.
BTW, I own 2 Walther's, and love them both, so I'm not being critical of the maker, just the design..

Walther Creed:

Hi-Point C9

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I don't think the Creed is anywhere near in the same class, aesthetically, as the Hi Point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts