Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Proud of myself; I haven't set foot in a Walmart since CEO McMillion made the decision that Walmart would stop selling ammunition that would fit in "short-barreled" rifles and pistols …. as well as stopping handgun sales in Alaska. I haven't missed it any, as my ammo needs can readily be met be Academy, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bass Pro, etc …. As for Alaska - Kroger Foods/Fred Meyer stopped selling firearms a while back …. but it wasn't publicized a whole lot … unlike Walmart eager to publicly play into leftist politics such as Dicks Sporting Goods. Hope other folks shop elsewhere instead of Walmart.

·
Registered
19,645 Posts
I drove up to Turner's Falls this morning, to buy some Winchester 9mm. practice ammo, since Walmart doesn't sell it any more. 'The Gun Stock' seems to have better prices than any gun shop around home. It's a pleasant 2 hour drive, up along the river valley. I could take Rt. 91, and cut the time in half........but I don't need a better reason for a long drive! :D

Kaboomer, You better buy your guns and ammo at Walmart now, while you still can. It won't be long until they stop sales nation wide!!!! THEY WILL DO IT!!!!! :mad: Bob

·
Registered
16,951 Posts
My Pharmacy is at Walmart and I carry concealed in the store. Have always carried concealed. I noticed ours still have rifles and saw them stocking more today. Maybe they made an exception in Georgia. I have not bought a gun from them anyway and I reload most of my my own ammo anyway.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
The area Walmart carries some reloading supplies. I don't know if their announcement means they will no longer carry pistol primers, so I picked up 300 large and 300 small when I was in there last week
I may pick up a 100 round box of Federal 223 next time. I noticed it was just under $30/100. Might as well get it while I can because the gun shop wants $5-$6 per hundred more, unless I buy 1000

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
My Pharmacy is at Walmart and I carry concealed in the store. Have always carried concealed. I noticed ours still have rifles and saw them stocking more today. Maybe they made an exception in Georgia. I have not bought a gun from them anyway and I reload most of my my own ammo anyway.
I've yet to notice any sign at my local Walmarts that state I can't carry. Nobody has noticed me carrying either....

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Bob K........I make all my ammo except 22LR. Wally's bulk 22 is better priced than anywhere else. There's a Wally in Franklin NC that carries reloading machines and components. Most Wally's still carry a good supply of rifles and shotguns plus ammo for such. Handgun ammo as such can be purchased elsewhere when needed. So no big deal.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't usually buy ammo at Walmart except for bulk shot shells on occasion. I live in a rural East Texas county and you can't really live without going to Walmart on occasion. My shopping there tends to be of dire necessity. It's one place that I don't relish going but sometimes you just can't help it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bought some .22 there last week. Saw a guy walk in with with an open carry xdm, nothing mentioned to him about it. I'm in a conservative area, not too worried about it. Rural king just around the corner if I get pissed off.

·
Super Moderator
19,325 Posts
I was at Walmart in Knoxville yesterday. They have tons of handgun ammo still. Their plan will just phase it out as it sells out. Plenty of .223/5.56 ammo there as well, including a 250 round box that I don't remember seeing before. If everybody stops fussing over, this I'm betting that they will reverse the decision over time.

Reactions: SidecarFlip

·
Super Moderator
10,842 Posts
I sold my stock a couple days after that announcement. I’ve lost a little gain since but I can live with a $45 per share gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,645 Posts
I go to Walmart often, to get jeans, T shirts , underwear, and sox.......maybe some Hershey Chocolate bars. I shop at better stores to get better stuff....but, even the better clothes are made overseas. During the Obama years, I bought tons of .22 LR and .38 Spl. +P ammo at Walmart......like a squirrel storing acorns for the winter! I've bought a few boxes of Winchester 9mm. for my new Ruger, too. kjdfjemndgoodjob01 Bob

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
I have not witnessed posted signage in regards to the prohibition of open carry in the local Walmart. But then I haven't seen individuals open carrying there recently either which is legal in North Carolina. On the other hand there was an individual open carrying at a Food-Lion grocery store recently, no one ran for the exits or screamed the man has a gun. Knee-Jerk reaction to a perceived problem is some times counter productive. I have a NC-CHP which allows me to conceal carry. There are those whom carry semi concealed among us which under certain circumstances could be problematic.

·
Registered
19,645 Posts
If that was in Massatwoshitts........the police would be called, people would run for the exits, screaming "Man with a gun!!!!!" Probably get shot by a gun totin' 'Tacticool good samaritan' in an ATTEMPT TO SAVE PEOPLE!!!!! :rolleyes: We got it all....around here!!!! :D Bob

·
Registered
364 Posts
The last time I bought ammo at Walmart the clerk asked me if it were for a rifle or handgun? It was for my 1911 .45, but I didn't tell that to the clerk.
I said no to the either/or and calmly said, "It's for my machine gun". The clerk swallowed hard, rang up my sale and I went on my merry way.
At the time if you said pistol or handgun you went thru additional questions. No further questions were asked.
After I exited the store I laughed my a&& off.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My local Walmarts still have rifles and shotguns. They still have quite a bit of pistol ammo too. They aren't running any sales on the ammo and no one seems to be in a panic to buy it up.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
12,995 Posts
99% of my 'ammo' originates on my reloading bench anyway. Only thing I buy is rimfire.

·
Registered
9,083 Posts
Proud of myself; I haven't set foot in a Walmart since CEO McMillion made the decision that Walmart would stop selling ammunition that would fit in "short-barreled" rifles and pistols …. as well as stopping handgun sales in Alaska. I haven't missed it any, as my ammo needs can readily be met be Academy, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bass Pro, etc …. As for Alaska - Kroger Foods/Fred Meyer stopped selling firearms a while back …. but it wasn't publicized a whole lot … unlike Walmart eager to publicly play into leftist politics such as Dicks Sporting Goods. Hope other folks shop elsewhere instead of Walmart.
That's a shame, you will miss out on seeing a boat load of misfits....:)

thewelshm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts