Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the young kid at the ammo counter of WALMART, on Monday. The ammo shelves are low.......but they are due for a new shipment pretty soon!!!! weiweinp ;) Bob

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Bob K said:
I talked to the young kid at the ammo counter of WALMART, on Monday. The ammo shelves are low.......but they are due for a new shipment pretty soon!!!! weiweinp ;) Bob
Yeah, and 2 seconds after they get their ammo, some nummnutz will come in and buy it ALL!! :x

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the "bulk buying" of ammo is done by paranoid local gun clubs, for their members, to insure that They, at least, have ammo.
There are several gunclubs in the Hadley area, that will suck the WALMART dry, but what can you do? Maybe a limit on the amount of ammo that you can buy, to keep them from buying ridiculous amounts of ammo. But......that means MORE regulations.......and there are ways around it!!! :roll: Bob

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bob K said:
Most of the "bulk buying" of ammo is done by paranoid local gun clubs, for their members, to insure that They, at least, have ammo.
There are several gunclubs in the Hadley area, that will suck the WALMART dry, but what can you do? Maybe a limit on the amount of ammo that you can buy, to keep them from buying ridiculous amounts of ammo. But......that means MORE regulations.......and there are ways around it!!! :roll: Bob
Similar situation here in Tennessee.....not really gunclubs, but local gunshops buying the bulk stuff at Wally-world and reselling in their shops at a mark-up!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Give the guy at the counter $5 bucks and your cell phone # and tell him to call immediately as soon as he is aware it is off loaded into their store. kfjdrfirii

Edit: Oh yeah..........buy it ALL and then offer to sell it to the gun shops at a mark-up!

·
Registered
90 Posts
woodsltc said:
Similar situation here in Tennessee.....not really gunclubs, but local gunshops buying the bulk stuff at Wally-world and reselling in their shops at a mark-up!!!!!!!!!!!

Don
Don, a number of gun shops around here have been doing that for the past few years.

Back 35 years ago in CT, gas stations were doing similar at Bradlees/Caldors on their oil sales. They sent in family members to each buy a case (or 5 cans, depending on sale limit) to resell at the gas station. It was cheaper than their wholesale cost.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I have to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a birthday gift for one of my grandsons. That's a good excuse to go the Sporting Goods Dept. to see what's available. Tomorrow is a good day to check out the Peach Orchard and do some shooting. God bless Wal-Mart and all that cheap plastic crap from China. Maybe they'll have some bulk-pack .22 ammo. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QC, I went to WALMART in Hadley this morning.........only to find the shelves absolutely cleanned out!!!! They didn't even have a bag of BB's!!! Just goes to show.......that the kids in WALMART really don't know anything!!!! :roll: Bob

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Eh, one box of Winchester .22 bulk and three boxes of 9mm Blazer Brass. Lots of toys for the three year old - the youngest of my grandsons.

Sorry you struck out, Bob. I didn't do all that well myself, but at least I got to watch the boy rip open his presents. There's always tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you while I'm bouncing bullets off the basalt.

Take care.

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QC, I just wanted to check WALMART out.....really didn't need any ammo. fLPIGNOk nvonjvila It's fishing season, around here!!!! fognbov Bob

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday, I made the rounds out in the hill towns, and went up to WALMART in Vermont. They were out of CCI Mini-Mags, but I got 4 100rd. boxes of Winchester Super X .22 HVHP, my 2nd choice. They were also out of Federal and Remington. The WALMART shelves are cleaned out in Hadley. (Not many sell ammo anymore! :cry: ) Bob

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hit Wally yesterday for an oil change. While waiting, I strolled to the ammo. About half a dozen boxes of 30-06 and some 17 caliber rimfire were about it.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I found out where all our local walmart ammo is going now. Front Site is buying up all the 9mm,38, 40, 45 and 357.
There hasnt been bulk 22 for a couple months now.They get in a few cci 22 mag rounds and there is always a box or two of winchester 44 mags.
There were two boxes of 30-06 and a box if 7mm magnum that suprised me and a some deer rifle rounds like 22-250, 243 , 270 ,and couple of boxes of 30-30.
You could have carried evey box of ammo on the shelf in a grocerey bag.
But they did have a average amount of shot gun rounds in all guages and slugs and buck shot.

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
The "Academy Sports" store within driving distance of me has plenty of ammo at "Wally-World" prices.

Winchester high velocity .22 lr JHP's in "333" rd boxes are going for $12.00 each

I just bought a little over 3,000 rds. off their well stocked shelves as the clerk told me they had almost a pallet full in the store room to boot.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the Wally World number on my cell phone, it has gotten to the point when I call and ask for the sporting goods dept, they ask if this is about ammo......I say yes...WE DON"T HAVE ANY, have a good day, sir.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are several gunclubs in the Hadley area, that will suck the WALMART dry, but what can you do? Maybe a limit on the amount of ammo that you can buy, to keep them from buying ridiculous amounts of ammo. But......that means MORE regulations.......and there are ways around it!!! Bob

The market works, I can't imagine why WalMart insists on ignoring the supply-demand situation. I suppose that it is "decent" of them to maintain their low markups, but this only leads to the connected few getting in and getting most of the ammo and the unconnected many not being able to avail themselves of the lower than market prices. Of course they can go to a gun show and buy the WalMart ammo at twice the price the connected paid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts