Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local Walmart last week, and low and behold, lots of .22 long rifle ammunition. There were no bricks, but alot of boxes of 50 rounders. So I was going to buy 10 boxes. Nope, what I was told was that from now on, all ammo purchasers would be limited to only 6 boxes of ammo, no matter what kind. Anyone else getting rationed?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
That is standard operating procedure at Dick's and Walmarts here. Luckily, I have enough so I've not been effected.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
They been doing that at the local walmart here in Pahrump nevada for a long time.Front site sends in there little peach fuzz faced kid instructors to each buy six boxes.
Walmart has been getting in a little more ammo lately but still no bulk 22 lr.

·
Super Moderator
10,857 Posts
My two semi local Walmart's are doing the same thing. Not a problem, though, 'cause they don't have any ammo to sell anyway.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just noticed the same sign at a Walmart in Central Square today. When I stopped at Gander Mountain in Cicero, there were no signs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My local wally had cci mini-mag 100 round boxes. I was going to buy 5 until the guy told me about the 6 box limit. So I bought 6.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
It's about time!!!! kfjdrfirii Walmart used to get cleanned out by gun clubs and other greedy individuals. Now, at least, others will have a chance at buying my favorite CCI .22 ammo. For me, it works well in all my .22 firearms......not like the cheap bulk pack ammo!!! :roll: Bob

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
The only thing is they just send a bunch of people into buy 6 boxes each.I see the little kids from front site in walmart in there little front site suits open carry with there glocks walk up buy six boxes and the next one does the same thing. Its obvious they are not buying just for them selves.
If I wanted more than six boxes I could buy mine then send my woman in for six more and some of her friends.Easy to get around.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
I knew that people would get wise to the limit.......but at least it makes it a PITA!!!! :lol: You could go and buy 6 boxes, go out to the car.....then go in for 6 more. There's alot of dumb, greedy, people out there. It doesn't take long to find an angle. :roll: Bob

·
Registered
596 Posts
Wallyworld , Cuss them all you want but the ammo is good and a loss leader from the looks of it, guess they make their money around here on all the rubber dogcrap from CHINA. :lol: bobw

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
They're limiting customers to six items per day here. I've been buying all the rimfire ammo and 16 gauge shotshells (no limit on shotgun shells - they're on sale kfjdrfirii ) I can get my hands on. Dove & quail season are just around the corner and I plan on having a bang-up time. While on vacation, I was poking around in a closet in my gun room and discovered a Remington 241 and a 550-1 that I had put away. Heh, heh. Yeah, can't wait for the weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts