Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two that would fit the normal definition, but actually I have a third, a tactical 12 gauge pump that hangs high up within a bedroom closet that is unseen to the general public, so it doesn't count. The old shotgun was manufactured by a company named T. Dumoulin & Co, based on the markings and I believe it to be made prior to the 30's, which might not be correct, however it is old and matches the story of the lady I bought it from, she said it was her grandfather's. I likely overpaid at $75, but it was at a garage sale less than a block from my house, she was very nice and I enjoyed the stories she told about her grandfather. Although I bought it solely for the purpose of a display, I looked it over and mechanically I'm fairly confident it can still fire with appropriate ammo, something I'll never try to do.

The other has been shown before, a revolver used in a bank robbery in my hometown in 1962. The FBI gave it to my dad after the trial as a gift for his apprehending the robber shortly after the crime. It sits in a wall display case with other items from my dad's police career.

The clientele on this Forum runs deep with gun history, I can only imagine there must be many wonderful display items (wall hangers) we'd like to see. Please, if you can, post some examples, they'd be much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
19,320 Posts
No picture however. My Henry long gun in 44RM is in a display case hanging on the wall of the great room and has been since I got it (with a 50 box of handloaded 44's and hollow point FMJ's).... and yes it's loaded but not in battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.