Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use them for sound supression? Thinking about getting a pair and shelving the ear muffs. Gummy Bear ear plugs don't work for me and the ear muff style get in the way. I have a pair of Howard Leight supressors but they too are cumbersome so I've been thinking about a set of Walkers Game Ears of the Bluetooth variety.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Daryl, you have no idea how many times I've heard , do you have to have the tv that loud. I've thought about them for tv.
Only thing is I can't plead I didn't hear you.
Cliff.

·
Registered
12,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I bought a set. Not cheap $199.00 at Cabelas but I had the points so they didn't cost me anything. I got the Walkers Silencers. They come with a dedicated case that has an Li-Ion battery inside to keep them charged up and charging the case is a simple matter of plugging it into my USB on the computer.

They are Bluetooth so I put the Walker's App on my Android and I can control them (6 different levels of sound supression) plus auto shut off. Really neat and then come with different sized ear pieces for different ears. They are even in stereo and you can stream music with them.

I gave them the test with my 460 Smith and they pass with flying colors.

Price is a little seep but I bet you can find them on sale for less if you play the waiting game.

I think they will be the ticket for me when hunting and at the range. I really don't like muffs You can put these in your ears and leave them in all day. Internal battery life is 8 hours continuous but you can set them via the App for any on time duration you want.

I've had to wear gummy bear ear plugs and muffs when shooting the 460. Not any more. Excellent sound supression,

·
Premium Member
10,250 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts