Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some background on the current status of Ammunition availability in the USA:

Vista Outdoors owns major brands like Federal and bought the Remington ammunition assets in the recent bankruptcy auction.

Just under 20 million new firearms have been sold this year.

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
My view on ammunition, firearms and etc., as it relates to the Plugs presidency...

They will attempt to dry up ammo sales first. No ammo means your firearm will no longer fire... No fire means it becomes a club. Then, after a time they will institute a mandatory turn in of all black guns first, followed by all semi auto handguns, followed by everything else and you'll be left with a club or your cross or long bow. (I have those)... Far as ammo is concerned, don't impact me at all.

I have excessive amounts of everything required to make my own. No worry here. I have not purchased 'factory ammo' in at least 10 years.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
But whatever you do, ammunition manufacturers, DON'T increase capacity. We've only seen this happen every three or four years, so all these shortages we've dealt with over the last decade or two are just flukes and will never happen again.

·
Super Moderator
35,574 Posts
That is one of the things back when He Who Often Gets Ignored said we are stocking up. I was sounds good to me. :) Also magazines for what gets more used and carried here as well as a few holsters and cleaning supplies.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I agree, ammo isn’t the only gun related thing we should buy while we can.

Reactions: WendyZXZ

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
But whatever you do, ammunition manufacturers, DON'T increase capacity. We've only seen this happen every three or four years, so all these shortages we've dealt with over the last decade or two are just flukes and will never happen again.
Back in the 2012-13 ammo drought a few did increase production capacity. From what I have heard it is more availability of raw materials holding them up than it is production capacity

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some companies like SIG entered the Ammo manufacturing business as well.

·
Registered
573 Posts

There may be a time a coming when ya can trade a box of 22s for a can of coffee, sugar, flour or beans and biscuits.

22’s, one of the most highly regarded items of a ”prepper”! You left out, can be swapped for chickens, gardening tools/seeds.....only limited to whatever you can imagine and how many you’re willing to part with! memtb

Reactions: Keith44Spl
1 - 9 of 9 Posts