Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Victory sw22

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Canuck44 
#1 ·
Sent my Victory back to the factory for repair. I bought the sw22 and it kept jaming and stovepipeing. So I sent it back for repair. It was there almost a month. FedEx dropped it off and the next day I took it to the range. I loaded the magizines with CCI standard velocity and one magazine with the mini mags. I tried the mini mags first with no problems. Next magazine was the standard velocity,no problem. I ran almost 100 rounds through it and didn't have any problems. S&W made up for the problems of the gun that came out the box.
It would be nice if it came from the factory perfect to start with, but at least the repair was a succes.

#3 ·
Good news. Mine didn't like standard velocity rounds until about 1500 rounds through it. Now it will fire anything. Great gun for plinking and you can go through a brick pretty easy. I bent this guy ever so slightly and that eliminated my feed and extractor issues.

Read about it on this forum.

Reactions: sparkyv
#5 ·
Mine was/is flawless from day one with any and all ammo, No ejector or extractor issues.
It is almost as accurate as my M 41 and much lighter.
I usally shoot my Ruger MKII which as upgraded Volquartsen parts and the Victory again shoots almost as well.

#7 ·
I got mine fixed by my gunsmith. He noticed the ejector was not sitting high enough in it's slot. He raised it as far as it would go in it's notch in the slide and the gun now ejects properly. I may have pushed it down slightly when I bent it inward to cure the initial failure to eject issues. I know this is an old thread but this cure might be of interest.

Take Care

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.