Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why you see on some Victory's the Flaming Bomb stamp is scalloped out?? Sure is a turn off. Who Did this?? :(

·
Registered
388 Posts
You got a picture of an example?

I’ve had an interest in Victorys for several years now. I’ve seen a few where the entire topstrap stamping had been scrubbed in a refinish, likely because the owner was paranoid about having a gun that said U.S.PROPERTY on it.

But I can’t recall ever seeing one where just the “Flaming Bomb” had been removed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have seen a couple that was done to :( Haven't even the slightest idea why. A real turn off for me, to say the least. :(

·
Registered
674 Posts
The only speculation about that is although it was initially inspected, stamped and accepted by the military inspector, subsequently the acceptance was revoked. After fixing whatever problem caused it to be revoked was fixed, the gun was sold into the commercial market.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The only speculation about that is although it was initially inspected, stamped and accepted by the military inspector, subsequently the acceptance was revoked. After fixing whatever problem caused it to be revoked, the gun was sold into the commercial market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts