Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again all,
I completed my Victory refinish. I had to replace a few little parts, springs, etc. and it works well with one big exception. It does not want to work in DA. Singe action is smooth and crisp. I had to replace the cylinder stop, and I've filed down the junction of the cylinder stop and trigger (as that seems to be the binding point), but I am afraid to go too far. Anyone have any ideas about how to get the DA working? I'm afraid to really grind down the cylinder stop, but I'll follow the advice of the experts here. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Need a better explaination of what the cylinder is doing in double action. ?? Over travel , Under Travel, Etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. In DA, the trigger will not pull. The trigger moves just a fraction and the hammer moves about the same amount, but then it is like the trigger is blocked by something. No matter how hard you pull the trigger, it just will not go any further. But if you cock the hammer, there is no problem whatsoever.

·
Registered
104 Posts
for whatever it's worth, my father's victory model would bind up if the trigger was pulled very fast as if one was trying to empty the entire cylinder in a speed record, especially when empty. This happened several times to me when I was a younger lad. How my da remedied the situation is beyond me as I never fessed up to being the culprit that created the situation. I have that revolver now and needless to say, I no longer try to set a speed record in double action mode.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I can’t help with the issue.

But there is nothing specifically Victory about the mechanics of the Victory; it’s just an M&P.

I’d post your problem in the gun-smithing sub-forum. Probably get more responses.

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Pics of the re-finish? By cylinder stop your referring to the bolt? I wonder if your problem lies with the hand when you move it using the trigger? The cylinder stop is on the outside of the frame so when you go to eject empties the cylinder stops moving rearward. It's just a raised piece of metal.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Ok your problem could be several things No double action trigger pull or the trigger cannot be depressed in double action . Here are the possibilities

1 Sear is worn or miss aligned. Either way you will have to replace the sear.,

2. Damaged Studs

3. worn trigger cam

4. cylinder stop is catching

5. Bolt does not return with the cylinder closed.

Most of these will require a gun smith ( Smith Wesson Certified) to correct Damaged studs are a factory repair only . I also suggest that the extractor rod be checked the center pin spring be replaced and a realignment of the yoke .

All these parts have to interact properly to get the gun to fire ..

i suggest a trip to Cylinder and Slide for over hall. It will be worth it.,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts