Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have two SW Victory's. One of them is spitting out hot gunpowder onto my right hand and wrist every now and then. Leaving a black speck where it lands on my skin. Usually about once in every 3 magazines but sometimes multiple times per magazine. Guessing its the ammo, which is remington gold. But only one of the two victorys I own is doing it. Does anyone know what causes this? Guessing it could be the ammo even though both guns are the same model.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It sounds like a weak recoil spring. The mass of the slide (or bolt-not familiar with the Victory) and the strength of the spring determine when the action opens on a blowback operated pistol. If it opens too soon, burning powder can come out of the chamber/casing and burn you. Try swapping the springs on your two Victories and see if the problem follows the spring. If not, give S&W a call -- I've gotten great repair service from them. Oh, and if it does follow the spring, give S&W a call and they may send you a new spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like a weak recoil spring. The mass of the slide (or bolt-not familiar with the Victory) and the strength of the spring determine when the action opens on a blowback operated pistol. If it opens too soon, burning powder can come out of the chamber/casing and burn you. Try swapping the springs on your two Victories and see if the problem follows the spring. If not, give S&W a call -- I've gotten great repair service from them. Oh, and if it does follow the spring, give S&W a call and they may send you a new spring.
Thank you ButterSmooth ! I will try that.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Good advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I traded it for a Ruger Mark IV. It was very accurate piston but too many eject failures and arm burns. I have second victory that is perfect and does none of those things. So now I have one if each...and yes, looking at the Browning so I can have all 3!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts